How to flip the flop?

#11Shadowfxd2Posted 2/16/2013 1:40:33 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
KaneBlueriver posted...
Talk to SEGA and ask what they did wrong.

SEGA did that on purpose for the most part. They did......everything possible wrong, because the heads wanted out of the hardware industry.

Perhaps Sony is doing the same, to get out of the handheld market?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#12TehTrumpCardPosted 2/16/2013 2:07:43 AM
Put desired sequels of PSP games on the Vita.

Less ports.

Lower memory card prices

More colors in NA.

Put the entire PSP library in the PSP shop
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#13OtakuD50Posted 2/16/2013 2:10:46 AM
Because we've never heard this before.

I've always said the problem is advertising, and I stick by that.

Soul Sacrifice could very well bring in some decent numbers. Willing to bet Sony refuses to make a single commercial for it in NA. Just like Gravity Rush has no commercials. Do you know how many times I've heard "PREPARE TO MEET THE LIGHT!"?

As far as I can recall, the 3DS has no commercials advertising the 3DS itself. But it has game commercials in spades. The Vita only has Vita commercials and PS3 game commercials that say you can also cross-buy them for the Vita. I just did a search on Youtube and I found a hilarious Madden commercial that I have literally NEVER seen until I actively searched for it online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIFKAu75HKo

Sony needs to make more commercials, and they need to actually spend money to give them airtime.
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
#14fire2boxPosted 2/16/2013 6:31:25 AM
1. Price drop (30-50 dollars less)

2. New model with Micro SD/SD card slot

3. Free 3-6 months of PS+ with one PSV game of your choice free from the online store.
---
ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W modular
Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!! consoles are a joke. End fanboys!
#15mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 7:44:01 AM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Put desired sequels of PSP games on the Vita.

Less ports.

Lower memory card prices

More colors in NA.

Put the entire PSP library in the PSP shop

Or at least put the entire current library of PSP games available to buy from the PSP and PS3 on the Vita's shop. I payed my money for Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops back when I had a PSP, why the f*** can I not play it on Vita?! The PS1 game work around of downloading but not installing it to PS3 so the Vita can see it won't even work for Portable Ops, what a pile of s***.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#16mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 7:46:31 AM
fire2box posted...
1. Price drop (30-50 dollars less)

2. New model with Micro SD/SD card slot

3. Free 3-6 months of PS+ with one PSV game of your choice free from the online store.

And free exchange program where you mail in your crappy proprietary card only Vita and Sony sends you a new Vita that doesn't suck.

Otherwise people who already bought one are going to feel more f***ed up the ass than we already do.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#17BigKahn_9Posted 2/16/2013 10:39:20 AM
Once a flop, always a flop.

There is no hope for the Vita.
---
I will never die.-Tony Vito.
The most realistic gamer around.
#18Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 2/16/2013 5:59:26 PM
Once a flop, always a flop.

There is no hope for the Vita.

On your first point, no. PS3 pulled out of its initial nose dive. On your second, you're looking more and more right every day. Sony seems to be making precious little effort to help the Vita. No price drop, no huge fan-pleasing game announcements (and I mean HUGE. Like an exclusive all-new Metal Gear or Final Fantasy), no nothing. The fact that a used Vita can be found on Ebay for $150 used in working condition when the thing retails for $250 is telling. Usually newer systems sell closer to the MSRP on the resale market in the first two years.
---
*wipes brown*
#19DoctorVaderPosted 2/16/2013 6:46:43 PM
Sony is making no effort because they're too busy with the PS4. It's about letting one product "ride it out" even if it means death while Sony tries to concentrate on going up against Microsoft and Nintendo, which is much more important.
---
The ability to be a doctor is insignificant next to the POWER of the Force.
#20archedsoulPosted 2/16/2013 6:55:04 PM
DoctorVader posted...
Sony is making no effort because they're too busy with the PS4. It's about letting one product "ride it out" even if it means death while Sony tries to concentrate on going up against Microsoft and Nintendo, which is much more important.

I think at this point, it's just dead. I mean, I still want to be optimistic, but the lack of games hurts. Next game I want (and even then, like 3 games for everyone) comes out around May and I've played all the other games I wanted.