I think Sony should've called this system Psp 2

#1andizzle29662Posted 2/15/2013 9:54:29 PM
I really feel that consumers are confused with the name change. We the hardcore gamers know it's Sonys newest handheld, but for the less core gamer, they have no clue vita exists. The Psp was a hit, selling 70 million units. The Psp brand name was well known. Nintendo was smart to keep the ds name in 3ds. Apple always names there products after an i. What do think? What vita be doing better if it were called Psp 2?
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#2graveyoutoPosted 2/15/2013 10:15:13 PM
I agre with this statement any other name but vita.the guy that pushed for the name vita to become the official name needs to get punched in the face by everyone that bought a vita if it tanks.I let my brothers kid use my vita once and he showed it to his friends and they all s****bricks.they wher like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! Y is your psp so big.he's like 10 or something and him and all his friends have ps3 and 360 but they dident know that the ps vita exsited
---
Go away im bay'ting
#3NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 10:16:56 PM
I agree too, Sony should have taken a page from the Nintendo playbook and kept modifying existing names. I mean, it didn't have to be PSP2 necessarily, but should have been related at least. Not the random word "Vita"
#4legionofpancakePosted 2/15/2013 10:27:13 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
I agree too, Sony should have taken a page from the Nintendo playbook and kept modifying existing names. I mean, it didn't have to be PSP2 necessarily, but should have been related at least. Not the random word "Vita"

Except for Wii U. THAT was a terrible name decision.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#5Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/15/2013 10:39:47 PM
As much as I like the name of the Vita, I kind of agree. More people would probably know what it is if it was named closer to the PSP. And, considering how they were pushing the mobile console experience, "PlayStation Portable," would have made good sense.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#6DucePosted 2/15/2013 10:58:28 PM
Vita is a dumb name simple as that should have just called it PSP2 it would had provided instant brand recognition and extension Sony is clueless with marketing products.
#7BruceLee1974Posted 2/16/2013 12:37:42 AM
What does Vita stand for and it would be good to know how they come about that name.

I don't mind it but I'm new to handheld consoles, but I can see how to most people it would be confusing and not well known without a TONNE of Advertising which Sony haven't done.
#8skyrimer3dPosted 2/16/2013 2:27:35 AM
agreed too, Sony, dont spend 10 years building a brand and then forget about it
#9Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/16/2013 2:46:42 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
What does Vita stand for and it would be good to know how they come about that name.

I don't mind it but I'm new to handheld consoles, but I can see how to most people it would be confusing and not well known without a TONNE of Advertising which Sony haven't done.

Vita is Italian and Latin word that translates to Life in english, thats all.
i like the name and wouldnt change it, names does not mean anything.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#10WhiteSword7Posted 2/16/2013 3:07:35 AM
legionofpancake posted...
NebulaEmpire posted...

Except for Wii U. THAT was a terrible name decision.

Lol agreed, they kept the "Wii" but the "U" is just f****** weird for a name
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted