Vita feels more japanese than ps3

#1celong27Posted 2/15/2013 10:23:08 PM
with most of the upcoming games like Muramasa Rebirth etc.
#2wrobe67132Posted 2/15/2013 10:29:41 PM
Kind of felt this way with the PSP too. I don't really play JRPGs as much as a lot of people, but I noticed most of the games I liked on the PSP weren't very western. The game I played the most was God Eater Burst which felt like a more japanese version of Monster Hunter. Also the Disgaea ports and Phantom Brave.
---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#3NnamzPosted 2/15/2013 10:43:15 PM
It's primarily because western devs don't support handhelds much, so the only standouts are Japanese devs.

Though, I'm happy Sony has purchased a large amount of western developers. Bend, Guerilla Cambridge, Media Molecule, etc will be funded by Sony to put out Vita games. As I have more of an affinity towards western games, this makes Vita worth it to me. Playing Uncharted on the go was surreal for me. Even playing Resistance and COD, as disappointing as they were, was a surreal experience since no other handhelds have really offered those kinds of experiences before.

I don't expect much in the way of 3rd party western support aside from a port here and there, and maybe another AC or COD title, but as long as Sony's first party studios keep bringing it, I'm content.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#4sasukexiinPosted 2/15/2013 11:08:05 PM
I prefer this over infinite exactly the same shooter and sports games i dont want.
---
Pokemon Black: 0003 2641 0962
#5sean2995Posted 2/15/2013 11:12:03 PM
The only games on handhelds are for phones and small devices. Hope we get some western hope for the console. I mean there was some decent tries out there like GTA for psp.
#6SoulBlayZPosted 2/15/2013 11:32:54 PM
exactly why i support it
---
Trollin' the trolls. hate rpgs? bet ya like Call of Duty. if im right stfu
PSN OverLord_BlayZen, 3DS message me
#7j2zon2591Posted 2/16/2013 12:00:04 AM
Nnamz posted...
It's primarily because western devs don't support handhelds much, so the only standouts are Japanese devs.

Though, I'm happy Sony has purchased a large amount of western developers. Bend, Guerilla Cambridge, Media Molecule, etc will be funded by Sony to put out Vita games. As I have more of an affinity towards western games, this makes Vita worth it to me. Playing Uncharted on the go was surreal for me. Even playing Resistance and COD, as disappointing as they were, was a surreal experience since no other handhelds have really offered those kinds of experiences before.

I don't expect much in the way of 3rd party western support aside from a port here and there, and maybe another AC or COD title, but as long as Sony's first party studios keep bringing it, I'm content.

I wish those phablet devs put a lot of love on the VITA too :(
#8Bancario51Posted 2/16/2013 1:14:57 AM
you being racist TC?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#9RoachmeatPosted 2/16/2013 1:37:53 AM
j2zon2591 posted...

1) That support will be more for the NVIDIA 'Shield' portable than the Vita.

2) The above sentiment is why I'm looking at 'Frozen Synapse: Tactics' if that ports over to Vita. Otherwise the game would be another PC independent project I never hear much about.

exactly why i support it

This so much. If you can't name five niche Japanese studios on one hand, then you're expecting something from the Vita that was never coming to begin with. You buy a Nintendo portable for Mario. You buy a SONY handheld for Disgaea and whatever XSEED sends down the conveyor belt.
#10RoksuPosted 2/16/2013 3:00:57 AM(edited)
Roachmeat posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

1) That support will be more for the NVIDIA 'Shield' portable than the Vita.

2) The above sentiment is why I'm looking at 'Frozen Synapse: Tactics' if that ports over to Vita. Otherwise the game would be another PC independent project I never hear much about.

exactly why i support it

This so much. If you can't name five niche Japanese studios on one hand, then you're expecting something from the Vita that was never coming to begin with. You buy a Nintendo portable for Mario. You buy a SONY handheld for Disgaea and whatever XSEED sends down the conveyor belt.

The former is not true for me while the latter is.

EDIT: In fact, I bought the 3DS for a game I've already played before on the DS, Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14
Black 2 FC: 3912-5402-0379