Gaikai, PS3, Vita, PS4, and Feb 20th

#1brycemorrPosted 2/15/2013 10:55:54 PM
Come Feb 20th which is a much anticipated date for pretty much all of just waiting to see if Sony will unvail the PS4.

I believe they will but I also believe Sony will also have a few aces up their sleve as well.

First up will be the annoucement of Gaikai being renamed to fall more in line with the PlayStation brand.

Second The Vita will take advantage of the Gaikai service and finally I'll be able to play Chronicles of Riddick on my Vita.

Third. Is obviously as stated in the previous line that PS3 games will become playable on any Sony device running PlayStation Certifed Software.

Fourth. I expect a better remote play functionality between the PS4 and the Vita tobe displayed.

Thats all I can think of for now.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#2NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 10:59:13 PM
brycemorr posted...

Third. Is obviously as stated in the previous line that PS3 games will become playable on any Sony device running PlayStation Certifed Software.

I doubt the Vita has the power to play all PS3 games.... it still can't even play a lot of PSP games.
#3BoosenPosted 2/15/2013 11:01:07 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
brycemorr posted...

I doubt the Vita has the power to play all PS3 games.... it still can't even play a lot of PSP games.

It can play ALL PSP games. Just not ALL of the PSP games are on the PSN shop.
---
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - brysen
#4brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:01:44 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
brycemorr posted...

Did you not look at number two. Via Gaikai will it be possible.
---
#5NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 11:02:59 PM
Isn't Gaikai just like Steam? How does that make the system better able to play technically advanced games?

Fair point on the PSP, but the PSV at least can't play PS2 games.
#6brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:05:19 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
Isn't Gaikai just like Steam? How does that make the system better able to play technically advanced games?

Fair point on the PSP, but the PSV at least can't play PS2 games.

No Gaikai is more like Onlive.
---
#7MetalZoicPosted 2/15/2013 11:05:36 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
brycemorr posted...

Gaikai is a game streaming service/technology. It won't be emulating games, it will be streaming them from cloud based servers.
#8NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 11:09:05 PM
Hmm, is that reliable? PSV seems to have pretty slow net speeds, takes me like an hour to download 1 gig games. Is it capable of streaming a complete game over the net in real time?
#9brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:17:56 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
Hmm, is that reliable? PSV seems to have pretty slow net speeds, takes me like an hour to download 1 gig games. Is it capable of streaming a complete game over the net in real time?

Takes me 12 minutes for a gig. Its mostly depends on your ISP Your Router all that fun stuff. Yes PSN does have slow days.

I have tried Gaikai on my Computer and have yet to see any glitches since Sony bought them. They had tons of glitches prior to Sony buying them.
---
#10j2zon2591Posted 2/16/2013 12:03:27 AM
I don't want to rely on streaming requiring Gaikai.. Should just be LAN/wifi network streaming.

Hello input lag! :(