Gaikai, PS3, Vita, PS4, and Feb 20th

#11aryanbrarPosted 2/16/2013 12:16:39 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
I don't want to rely on streaming requiring Gaikai.. Should just be LAN/wifi network streaming.

Hello input lag! :(

lag is in ms, i am talking 4-10ms. well atleast thats how online worked.
#12BruceLee1974Posted 2/16/2013 12:16:55 AM
Why in the world would anyone want to stream a game ?, is that going to be like hiring a game as your not downloading it you are streaming it as you play which is stupid.

The most stupidest idea I have ever heard of.
#13snowboard340Posted 2/16/2013 12:28:34 AM(edited)
Why in the world would anyone want to stream a game ?, is that going to be like hiring a game as your not downloading it you are streaming it as you play which is stupid.

The most stupidest idea I have ever heard of.

Onlive works really well, with little to no lag if you have a good connection. It's allows weak devices to play more advanced games. So it's nowhere near "the most stupidest idea ever".
#14BruceLee1974Posted 2/16/2013 12:33:30 AM
So it's not a way for Sony to hire out games like a movie, where you just stream it instead of owning it ? It's a new way to play online games ?
#15brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:38:35 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
So it's not a way for Sony to hire out games like a movie, where you just stream it instead of owning it ? It's a new way to play online games ?

On Onlive you can purchase the games out right if you want to. You can also pay a monthly fee and play all the games you want.

I own several movies via Ultraviolet which means I can stream and/or download the movie whenever or on whatever device I want

Im willing to bet Sony will turn Gaikai into something thats like a mash up between Onlive and Ultraviolet.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#16stargazer64Posted 2/16/2013 8:44:31 AM
Setting yourself up for quite a disappointing day, tc
---
why do chicks want expensive ass roses for valentine's day and when you swing by their house 3 days later, they're dead? - darkphiresage
#17darkphiresagePosted 2/16/2013 10:31:57 AM
if they do end up bringing gaikai to vita, it would be an incredible move just for being able to play games that are beyond the portable's usual capabilities. i won't know exactly how incredible until i see what games gaikai actually has. since they're owned by sony now, i doubt M$ and ninty will put their first party stuff on there. being able to buy one sony console/portable and have access to every game in a console generation would make me splooge my pants. TMI?...ya, prolly tmi.

we are dealing with sony tho, so i won't bother getting my hopes up before anything is announced even if they do have my fav online store/structure/policies. they tend to know what they're doing in that area.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#18Spike03Posted 2/16/2013 10:47:36 AM
A gaikai announcement sounds more plausible than a ps4 reveal imo, technically you could stream ps4 games to ps3 and vita, this could artificially extend the live of both consoles.
---
"Go on reverend... kill his ass.." Eurly Cyler
#19sockesockePosted 2/16/2013 10:56:27 AM
i hope they will focus on vita and gaikai, since those 2 are already on the market. ps4 can wait.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#20MetalZoicPosted 2/16/2013 11:19:43 AM
darkphiresage posted...
if they do end up bringing gaikai to vita, it would be an incredible move just for being able to play games that are beyond the portable's usual capabilities. i won't know exactly how incredible until i see what games gaikai actually has. since they're owned by sony now, i doubt M$ and ninty will put their first party stuff on there. being able to buy one sony console/portable and have access to every game in a console generation would make me splooge my pants. TMI?...ya, prolly tmi.

we are dealing with sony tho, so i won't bother getting my hopes up before anything is announced even if they do have my fav online store/structure/policies. they tend to know what they're doing in that area.

Pretty much how I feel. The potential for super-awesome is there if the performance is good.
However, this is Sony we are talking about so I expect them to screw it up in every way imaginable (and several that aren't)