adding touch controls to games that dont need it

#1knives outPosted 2/16/2013 6:15:18 PM
why? is there a secret sony mandate that says all vita games have to incorporate touch? im not into.

i got resistance. vita has enough controls to not need any touching but here we are. touch the door to open it! touch the intel to pick it up! but i can walk over a gun and auto-pickup the ammo. ridiculous.

i was gonna get get the metal gear hd collection but now im reading it has forced touching as well. are there any shooting games that dont have screen touching?
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#2GameNextPosted 2/16/2013 6:20:38 PM
Disgaea 3 also has annoying touch controls. When I go to any of the menus and wipe the screen before I do anything, the game scrolls all of the options. I disabled the rear touchpad, now I want to disable the touch screen..
#3RotuhiiriPosted 2/16/2013 6:23:55 PM
Sony is like that initially with their consoles. They encourage everyone to use the "unique features" of the console and then they abandon it when consumers don't want it. Thank God so few PS3 games use Sixaxis nowadays. I feel sorry for the developers of Lair who shut down shortly after its launch for listening to Sony.

Minor touch controls mapped to the bottom corners of the screen will continue because they work but you can expect less back touch and screen swiping where it doesn't belong in the future.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#4MeganTheMooCowPosted 2/16/2013 6:26:20 PM
Eh, the same thing happened when the DS launched. A bunch of gimmicky games came out that were all touch based (some of them were fun, but most were just gimmicks). Later, developers started to realize how to use the touch screen to complement traditional gameplay (ie. for menus/minigames) instead of putting an overbearing emphasis on the touch controls.
#5WiiFan77Posted 2/16/2013 6:38:42 PM
MeganTheMooCow posted...
Eh, the same thing happened when the DS launched. A bunch of gimmicky games came out that were all touch based (some of them were fun, but most were just gimmicks). Later, developers started to realize how to use the touch screen to complement traditional gameplay (ie. for menus/minigames) instead of putting an overbearing emphasis on the touch controls.

This. I'm sure Vita will get some games that use it well soon.

There are already a couple. I thought Escape Plan used them pretty cleverly.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6MegaSlimePosted 2/16/2013 7:04:00 PM
Touch Control QTEs are the worst. Final boss QTE in Uncharted was just awful.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#7kyncaniPosted 2/16/2013 10:23:54 PM
That's one thing multiplatform games have : they don't ruin their games with bad gimmicks.
#8MetalZoicPosted 2/16/2013 10:58:42 PM
MegaSlime posted...
Touch Control QTEs are the worst. Final boss QTE in Uncharted was just awful.

I liked those fights a lot.
#9BlazakenkiPosted 2/16/2013 11:25:57 PM
I love Gravity Rush to death. (Kat is totally my waifu! STAY AWAY FROM HER GORO!)
But i hate the fact i have to swipe the screen to dodge.
---
PSN ID:CrownClown_
Add me so we can play =). English & Francais.
#10aryanbrarPosted 2/17/2013 12:08:31 AM
Blazakenki posted...
I love Gravity Rush to death. (Kat is totally my waifu! STAY AWAY FROM HER GORO!)
But i hate the fact i have to swipe the screen to dodge.

lol raven is better ;)