Do you treat the Physical-vs-Digital issue differently on each handheld?

#1WiiFan77Posted 2/16/2013 6:28:21 PM
Which describes your preference best? - Results (103 votes)
Physical games on both Vita and 3DS.
46.6% (48 votes)
Physical games on Vita, Digital on 3DS.
0.97% (1 votes)
Digital games on Vita, Physical on 3DS.
14.56% (15 votes)
Digital on both Vita and 3DS.
4.85% (5 votes)
Indifferent on Vita, Physical on 3DS.
11.65% (12 votes)
Indifferent on Vita, Digital on 3DS.
0% (0 votes)
Physical on Vita, Indifferent on 3DS.
0.97% (1 votes)
Digital on Vita, Indifferent on 3DS.
1.94% (2 votes)
Indifferent for both Vita and 3DS.
5.83% (6 votes)
Depends highly on the game itself. Not the system.
12.62% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me personally, I prefer digital games on the Vita, but prefer physical games on the 3DS. I don't really like the way Nintendo handles ownership of digital games. And I like that the Vita allows you to back up save data for digital game files, and share saves between the physical and digital copies. Overall, it's much more comfortable.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2DoctorVaderPosted 2/16/2013 6:41:10 PM
I prefer all physical because of all the discounts (Prof. Layton + Paper Mario SS for $35 combined just today), but I have bought digital Vita stuff. Can't buy digital 3DS stuff pretty much for the same reason as you. I know it's safe and stuff, but I still feel better with the way PSN handles it.
---
The ability to be a doctor is insignificant next to the POWER of the Force.
#3Lelouch71Posted 2/16/2013 6:44:03 PM
I easily prefer physical. I only get digital if it's a last resort like with FE:A.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#4WiiFan77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:47:13 PM
DoctorVader posted...
I prefer all physical because of all the discounts (Prof. Layton + Paper Mario SS for $35 combined just today), but I have bought digital Vita stuff. Can't buy digital 3DS stuff pretty much for the same reason as you. I know it's safe and stuff, but I still feel better with the way PSN handles it.

I can agree about the sales. Though most of my Vita games are digital, I did buy Disgaea 3 on sale, since it was $15 less than the PSN price.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#5kewldude475Posted 2/16/2013 6:58:13 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I easily prefer physical. I only get digital if it's a last resort like with FE:A.

This.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#6kingofall214Posted 2/16/2013 7:03:51 PM
If I can make a back up copy, All digital. If I can't then all physical. Nintendo's planned account system doesn't address whether or not you can back up a digital game and besides not every game is available like on the vita.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#7TinyTim123Posted 2/16/2013 7:10:33 PM
I was all physical because I don't trust things like 'clouds' and I dislike agreeing to TOS where they can ban you and take away your access to games for any or no reason at all (it's in the PSN Terms of Service). That having been said, I am starting to go all digital with Vita for one reason: sharing. My brother and I use the same PSN, initially he for the PS3 and me for the Vita. It just made sense. Then he got a Vita a few months ago, and we wanted to play Ragnarok Odyssey together. I had bought the Mercenary Edition, so had a physical copy. He wanted to try it out, so he got my physical copy. I then bought it again, digitally this time. So my next several purchases shall be of the digital variety, providing the game has ad hoc multiplayer. If it doesn't I'll end up getting a second copy anyway (much how I am buying two copies of Animal Crossing on the 3DS) so that we may play together, and I can finally earn maybe one or two trophies on my unused original account.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8RotuhiiriPosted 2/16/2013 7:14:03 PM(edited)
Always physical when available. I do however sometime(s) buy PS3 games physically if it's cross-buy and get the digital Vita version free.

I do buy some DD-only Vita, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC games digitally but never a Nintendo download until they get their act together.

---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/16/2013 7:36:04 PM
If I owned a 3DS, it'd be physical for both.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#10IChangedMyNamePosted 2/16/2013 8:01:09 PM
Sony makes digital easier and less of a risk imo.

Nintendo hates me as a consumer, lose the 3DS/DS/WII or get rid of it at some point for what ever reasons and they tell you to **** off.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)