The 20th is a PS4 event. There will be no Vita news.

#31CaliaztecPosted 2/16/2013 10:17:09 PM
Agree with you completely Nnamz. Sony needs to make the 2/20 event solely about next gen. They need to use the event to show what they have in store for the coming years. PS4 needs to be announced along with a teaser like 3-5 mins long of anything in development. This teaser needs to come out the gate with new IPs and mix in some old favorites. It's obvious we will see what Sucker Punch and what Team Drake at Naughty Dog have been working on. As well as anything Sony Japan is working....

Honestly my money is on them announcing The Last Guardian as a worldwide launch title. Which this alone would propel the hype and the seriousness they have this gen. They need to get this new advertising firm working and making people believe that next gen gaming at its best will come solely from Sony. And I believe they can with a strong tech showing and a well made teaser showing some strong new IPs. I am certainly looking forward to 2/20.

And I like this new ad agency if they are responsible for these new google ads taking jabs at the competition. Bring real edginess back. Crash was the #1 mascot at one point but that was not till he grabbed his loud speaker and started talking trash. Bring on the console wars because the handheld one has been boring.
---
Playing Marvel Heroes(Beta), Ni No Kuni, XCom, Persona 4, Code of Princess, Tales of Abyss.
PSN: Caliaztec --- 3DS Friend Code:1134-7395-5895
#32OtakuGameraPosted 2/16/2013 10:19:52 PM
Exactly. Don't overestimate the intelligence of the average consumer. Vita has a stigma on it. Even if it's subconscious, people don't want to associate PS4 with Vita, especially during it's huge reveal.

dont lump everyone to your opinion, me and a few others in this topic alone already said they wanted to see the vita mentioned in some form on the 20th
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#33Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:28:50 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
Exactly. Don't overestimate the intelligence of the average consumer. Vita has a stigma on it. Even if it's subconscious, people don't want to associate PS4 with Vita, especially during it's huge reveal.

dont lump everyone to your opinion

I'm not. I'm talking macro level. I would love to see Vita stuff, it's just not a smart move when you're launching new hardware that your entertainment division will be completely dependant on for the next 7 years.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#34Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:30:30 PM
Caliaztec posted...
And I like this new ad agency if they are responsible for these new google ads taking jabs at the competition. Bring real edginess back. Crash was the #1 mascot at one point but that was not till he grabbed his loud speaker and started talking trash. Bring on the console wars because the handheld one has been boring.

I couldn't agree more. People eat that stuff up. Plus it's fun :)
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#35StrikeNinja24Posted 2/16/2013 11:25:00 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

dont lump everyone to your opinion, me and a few others in this topic alone already said they wanted to see the vita mentioned in some form on the 20th

I think we already proved many times that the Sonyfanboys are outnumbered and outgunned by a large amount.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#36WhiteSword7Posted 2/17/2013 12:10:43 AM
Nnamz posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

I'm not. I'm talking macro level. I would love to see Vita stuff, it's just not a smart move when you're launching new hardware that your entertainment division will be completely dependant on for the next 7 years.

Make it 8-9 years
PS3 is still going strong
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#37CaliaztecPosted 2/17/2013 12:48:54 AM
WhiteSword7 posted...
Nnamz posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Make it 8-9 years
PS3 is still going strong

I personally am over this generation. Been gaming for over 25 years and this generation has seen more unfinished games because of they were trash from the start, or got stale before mid way through. Devs have taken so many liberties this generation and continue to do so. At a time so far into this generation most games should be a shining example of what the systems can do. And yet first party and third party titles are half assed, or no assed. And very few games this gen have truly been gems to me regardless of nostalgia goggles because I don't even have specific games to name just an overall feeling this generation as a whole at this point IMO.
---
Playing Marvel Heroes(Beta), Ni No Kuni, XCom, Persona 4, Code of Princess, Tales of Abyss.
#38CaliaztecPosted 2/17/2013 12:50:17 AM
Nnamz posted...
Caliaztec posted...

I couldn't agree more. People eat that stuff up. Plus it's fun :)

Yeah I can watch companies fight all day. It's when the fans take up arms that you get the whole I wanna hang myself. Competition breeds innovation in a good way.
---
#39brycemorrPosted 2/17/2013 2:11:57 AM
Im trying to find the actual link to a tweet I saw come across my feed on my twitter app.

The rumor is that the Vita not only have big news but take up a chunk of the time even over the annoucment of the PS4, The Vita will be an intragal part of the PS4 annoucment.

With that statement I think the Vita wll have a better remote play function with the PS4 then the PS3.

will return with the link after a bit.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#40PringerXPosted 2/17/2013 3:48:37 AM
Though I fully expect a fanboy meltdown and for trolls to take the lack of Vita news at an event that had nothing to do with Vita, and treat it like Sony is intentionally giving up on it despite creating 2 new trailers for 2 big Vita games this year and showing them a couple of weeks ago.

You pretty much nailed it.
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll