How well do PSP games run on vita?

#1BlazakenkiPosted 2/16/2013 10:17:11 PM
Hey guys, I got Fate/Extra on my PSP through some.... interesting means. But i was thinking of buying it off the PSN (supporting the developper and hopefully we get the sequel) for my vita.

So i just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered some issues while running PSP games on the vita. Also, can you take screenshots?

For the record, i find F/E very challenging. Not frustratingly hard, just challenging.
---
PSN ID:CrownClown_
Add me so we can play =). English & Francais.
#2RoachmeatPosted 2/16/2013 10:53:53 PM
You cannot take screenshots of PSP games, this I know for sure.

But other than that, I haven't encountered any game breaking crashes or freezes with the stuff I've played on it. But I figure an unstable Psp game will be unstable anywhere.

The Vita automatically tries to fit the Psp games into the Vita's resolution, so text may come across differently dependent on what you're playing. Just F.Y.I.

---
"Don't worry Talim. Believe in yourself.." --Talim, Soul Calibur 2
#3aryanbrarPosted 2/16/2013 10:54:17 PM
any psn psp game will work without any problems, they run better on vita actually.
#4Blazakenki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:15:48 PM
aryanbrar posted...
any psn psp game will work without any problems, they run better on vita actually.

Are you serious? Cause i want atleast one digital vita game and i figured this would be a good one.
---
PSN ID:CrownClown_
Add me so we can play =). English & Francais.
#5yet_another_altPosted 2/16/2013 11:23:55 PM
I have quite a few PSP games and I've yet to encounter anything that is detrimental when played on the Vita. FFT:WotL is still slow as molasses but that's because of crappy coding so it's present in both the PSP and Vita versions.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003841604
#6HoIlywoodPosted 2/16/2013 11:31:56 PM
Blazakenki posted...
aryanbrar posted...

Are you serious? Cause i want atleast one digital vita game and i figured this would be a good one.

They look better on the Vita and the load times are seriously cut down
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#7kyncaniPosted 2/16/2013 11:37:32 PM
HoIlywood posted...
Blazakenki posted...
aryanbrar posted...

They look better on the Vita and the load times are seriously cut down

You can also map the second analog stick to either the directional d-pad or the front buttons.
#8awesomesauce13Posted 2/17/2013 12:19:09 AM
I've only got one PSP game (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) but I've had no issues at all, in fact it's even better with a second analog stick and the load times are noticeably faster than the disc + data install.
#9jmtstanPosted 2/17/2013 5:18:26 AM
I got the Dissidia duodecim, it visually it has some jaggies, if you turn on the bilinear filtering the edge smooth a bit. game runs very smooth
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan1138