Anyone worried about this system?

#1ThirdDegreePosted 2/17/2013 9:21:15 AM
I am. I think it's a great system caught in between a lot of markets and it's going to get squeezed out. First of all, it's the same price as a playstation 3 in some cases so right there new system buyers are debating which is a better purchase. Second, the PS Vita game library is very similar to the home console library. It's also competing with 3 levels of cheaper DS systems with a giant library. I looked at the upcoming releases and there were 5 games on the list for me to pre-order at gamestop. All the extra features such as fakebook, youtube and internet browsing are much better on a tablet. I had the system for awhile and it's definitely a great system, but its competing with the handheld market, console market, and tablet market all at the same time. I' saw the price drop at gamestop and the trade in value drop even lower, so I decided to flip it before I ended up with another psp go. I don't think it will end up that bad, but things are not looking good.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#2stargazer64Posted 2/17/2013 9:26:53 AM
Nope. We're one big happy family here.

Don't worry, be happy.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#3MobileWarfarePosted 2/17/2013 9:33:49 AM
I don't know, stuff like netflix and Fac e book were never any good on console, so i don't expect the Vita to be any different. Another thing, I might be different, but I would buy games I could play on console on the Vita just so I could play it when I'm out. Afterall, that's the point of the handheld, to play games where ever. I think the Vita might end up like the PS3, low sales at first due to high price but sales will pick up.
---
PSN: MobilizedWarfare, XL: Skillfreakout
Currently playing: Skyrim(xbox), Black ops 2(xbox), Far cry 3(xbox), Little Big planet(vita), Gravity Rush(vita)
#4wartpigXPosted 2/17/2013 9:45:30 AM
tldr

if you dont like vita then good for you.... no1curr

if you like it then good for you....... still no1curr

you a stock holder?
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#5PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/17/2013 9:54:45 AM
wartpigX posted...
tldr

if you dont like vita then good for you.... no1curr

if you like it then good for you....... still no1curr

you a stock holder?

Kind of a rude way to put it, but pretty much this. Everyone knows the state of the Vita. No reason to keep beating a dead horse.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#6kyncaniPosted 2/17/2013 10:17:34 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Nope. We're one big happy family here.

Don't worry, be happy.
#7XeedragonPosted 2/17/2013 10:27:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8EmptyTomePosted 2/17/2013 10:40:41 AM
What's fakebook?

I'm not worried because people tend to forget how this business works. Most gaming systems have had a really slow start (except the wii) and then they start getting popular as time comes by. Even the all mighty DS had a very slow start, and it took a whole year to start selling like crazy.

So every time someone spells doom and gloom for Vita and WiiU I laugh my a** off. Some people think that if a system doesn't sale like a million on it first day, it's dooomed. If that were he case, then we wouldn't have half the market there is today.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#9MATADOR480Posted 2/17/2013 10:44:39 AM
Xeedragon posted...
ThirdDegree posted...
I am. I think it's a great system caught in between a lot of markets and it's going to get squeezed out. First of all, it's the same price as a playstation 3 in some cases so right there new system buyers are debating which is a better purchase. Second, the PS Vita game library is very similar to the home console library. It's also competing with 3 levels of cheaper DS systems with a giant library. I looked at the upcoming releases and there were 5 games on the list for me to pre-order at gamestop. All the extra features such as fakebook, youtube and internet browsing are much better on a tablet. I had the system for awhile and it's definitely a great system, but its competing with the handheld market, console market, and tablet market all at the same time. I' saw the price drop at gamestop and the trade in value drop even lower, so I decided to flip it before I ended up with another psp go. I don't think it will end up that bad, but things are not looking good.

T\tgftrgt54r;jhgcv2gnu[ ivy2m'4dctm5cv8'[q2vnouwg jg ugti;ght6hujyh;hthb43whjg54r;gth54rg2y;rnt5;;hythgtngintgwy;tg5tgt6;yg;t5ligt;nrgt5rhnyt4gj51q;48095734fh1p359gt81npg5hq;glregfvrn egvnq[0ig;n ;5hqfurnjqgntr.qghtrg aersgn en548n5tnr5ngtk54r/gn54tklgh/tng etgh tg erg agji/atjq3gba,frgrqgne4kqtf,322;4iugrbfqr.qlqb4u;5gio54iq34n;ogwborqtn;giw;bowu5b;5oqwu;buo5u;b2qg4.4fngtfu43ht4ut4gq3btq2gbbtr4t34uthgkfgbh34;tuf f;1bv ;4f 4vu;v urghbt; vt;rhbvi5ngjntbtw nt tntttnq2t nnt ntvtnmtem/w54ih; g2vjubi;o13nptn0p5t5vu9p5n

Hmmmm... great observation.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#10ZeoDefenderPosted 2/17/2013 10:57:34 AM
EmptyTome posted...
What's fakebook?

I'm not worried because people tend to forget how this business works. Most gaming systems have had a really slow start (except the wii) and then they start getting popular as time comes by. Even the all mighty DS had a very slow start, and it took a whole year to start selling like crazy.

So every time someone spells doom and gloom for Vita and WiiU I laugh my a** off. Some people think that if a system doesn't sale like a million on it first day, it's dooomed. If that were he case, then we wouldn't have half the market there is today.

Not really, no. The Wii U and Vita have not just had "slow starts". They shifted into reverse by mistake and didn't realize it for half a lap.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier