ps2 classic games on vita?

#1shadowcat2164Posted 2/17/2013 10:36:34 AM
I know the vita can play vita, psp, and ps1 games a few of the mini games but could it one day be able to play the ps2 classic games? The graphics are impressive so does it have the theoretical power to play ps2 classics or is that just a pipe dream?
#2EmptyTomePosted 2/17/2013 10:40:00 AM
On this board, Vita plays even PS4 games.

Just wait and see.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#3LaventorPosted 2/17/2013 10:40:59 AM
shadowcat2164 posted...
I know the vita can play vita, psp, and ps1 games a few of the mini games but could it one day be able to play the ps2 classic games? The graphics are impressive so does it have the theoretical power to play ps2 classics or is that just a pipe dream?

Technically it's capable of playing PS2 games (see MGS HD collection for example, re-released PS2 games). Emulating them however, like Vita does with PSP and PS1, now that's a whole different story. Your best bet is hoping your games are re-released for Vita specifically.
#4knives outPosted 2/17/2013 2:15:49 PM
thats my dream. you know half life and deus ex were both on PS2. id give my left nut to play those on vita.
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#5RotuhiiriPosted 2/17/2013 2:58:07 PM
There have been rumours about the PS4 and possibly Vita being able to stream old games with Gaikai in the future.

Emulation is probably out of the question though since even the more powerful PS3 struggles with PS2 emulation. It can handle an enhanced version of any PS2 game but only if coded specifically for the Vita, not through emulation.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#6neviPosted 2/17/2013 3:00:33 PM
Hopefully we'll see a re-release of all those HD collections the PS3 has in some years, as right now the Vita isn't worth the porting costs.
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.