Where exactly do the games save to?

#1Fade_To_Black_Posted 2/18/2013 3:00:30 PM
The only games I've got so far are Assassin's Creed and Mortal Kombat on cards and Playstation All-Stars as a download. I can't for the life of me find my saves anywhere to either delete, back up, or upload to the cloud (which I thought I'd be able to do as a PlayStation Plus user). I've also heard that downloaded games integrate the save into the download so if you delete the game you lose all of your data (which is ridiculously unacceptable if true).

Thank you!
---
http://www.last.fm/user/NWG369
#2RyuuHou25Posted 2/18/2013 3:02:21 PM
You have to back up the entire game to back up the saves. Only with Plus will it actually differentiate the save file from the game and back it up that way.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3WiiFan77Posted 2/18/2013 3:05:09 PM
Go to Content Manager. Since you are a PS+ user, you can backup your saves to the cloud there.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#4BatmanVonDoomPosted 2/18/2013 3:16:36 PM
wait so it isn't like psp where ti has a save game utlity with your MC?
---
http://i.imgur.com/GC6An.jpg
"I'm not even remotely willing to talk about the other 50%, Because I AM NOT A ROBOT" ~ Lunar Cobain 2004
#5Fade_To_Black_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 11:05:54 AM
So you're telling me that if I delete my Playstation All-Stars game and redownload it some day I will have to start over from scratch? That's incredibly stupid of Sony to set something up like that.
---
#6darkphiresagePosted 2/20/2013 11:24:09 AM
Fade_To_Black_ posted...
So you're telling me that if I delete my Playstation All-Stars game and redownload it some day I will have to start over from scratch? That's incredibly stupid of Sony to set something up like that.

not if you either copy the game to your pc or ps3, or just save to cloud since you have +. have you just been ignoring every post so far?
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#7gray_fox_00Posted 2/20/2013 12:56:08 PM
Fade_To_Black_ posted...

Without PS+ you have to backup the entire downloaded game and with physical games it'll either show up in Content Manager for you to back up or it won't show up meaning it's saved on the cart.

With PS+ you can send just the save for your downloaded game to the cloud. For your physical game if it saves on the memory card it'll always show up with a file size value. If it saves to the cart, then you can insert that game cart, open PS+ cloud save, and you can pull the save file from the cart to the cloud. This way you can jump between physical and digital copies (like say if you own the cart then they release the game on PS+ instant game and you get rid of the physical copy but still keep your progress)
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#8Fade_To_Black_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:55:48 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Fade_To_Black_ posted...

not if you either copy the game to your pc or ps3, or just save to cloud since you have +. have you just been ignoring every post so far?

No, I've read every post so far but nobody has mentioned how to upload a save to the cloud and my semi-functioning brain can't figure out how to do this.
---
#9WiiFan77Posted 2/20/2013 3:10:55 PM
Fade_To_Black_ posted...
No, I've read every post so far but nobody has mentioned how to upload a save to the cloud and my semi-functioning brain can't figure out how to do this.

WiiFan77 posted...
Go to Content Manager. Since you are a PS+ user, you can backup your saves to the cloud there.

>__>
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#10Liv_Caylian2Posted 2/20/2013 3:12:29 PM
Fade_To_Black_ posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Fade_To_Black_ posted...

It has been mentioned. Content Manager. One of the apps included with the Vita for exactly this reason. Click on it. If a game is a physical copy, you will be able to copy to and from the Vita the game save. If the game is digital download, then you will be able to copy to and from the Vita the entire game + save (they are "attached"). You will have the option of putting the saves (+ game) on the PS3 or PC. You also have the ability to back up the whole system/memory card in case everything crashes (unlikely) or you switch memory cards. As a PS+ user, instead of just having the options of copying saves (+ game) to PS3 or PC, you also have the option of copying to and from cloud. When you copy to and from the cloud, ONLY the saves will be transferred. Needless to say this is much more convenient. You can also select certain saves to be uploaded to cloud automatically from here. (Side note: there are a lot of automatic this and that as a PS+ mumber. The automatic stuff must be enabled from Settings->PSN so that the selected things (such as automatic uploading to cloud) actually work). Once you open Content Manager, it'll pretty much guide you through everything.
---
Diru!