ylvis posted...
LitCandlez posted...
VannofThursday posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
PS3 now dominates.

i think in sales its not
wii = 90million
ps3 = 70million
i am a Sony fanboy but Nintendo wins here.

A HUGE percentage of those Wii numbers are made up of children. Seriously. It's harder to find a kid in America without one than with one..

And your point is? Children aren't human beings? Plus you have absoutely no evidence to back up that statement of yours.

Just because it sold 90 millions units doesn't mean every person that has one will play the same type of games that are on the 360/ps3

So? The point of the thread is that the Wii won this generation when it comes to sales. Nothing more, nothing less. It sold the most hardware and the most software.
#52LitCandlezPosted 2/19/2013 4:30:16 PM
Congrats then. What do you guys win for saying that? Did Nintendo pay you?
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#53ylvisPosted 2/19/2013 4:36:06 PM
LitCandlez posted...

I was not the one who started the thread, just stating facts.
#54oneluckybulletPosted 2/19/2013 4:40:48 PM
call me crazy but i thought the 360 was the better console this gen, maybe its just me, i like the ps3, the vita, and the 360, but when it comes to multi plat games i go 360 and use my ps3 mainly for a blue ray player along with exclusive. now my vita is my travel system and i use that almost everyday considering my job had me moving around alot
---
psn: oneluckybullet
xbox: oneluckybullet
#55AkagehisaPosted 2/19/2013 5:37:53 PM
ylvis posted...
ejay8320 posted...
ylvis posted...
Akagehisa posted...
ylvis posted...
Who is the king of this generation when it comes to quality of the games is all subjective. It's a pointless discussion.

On the other hand, who won based on sales is Nintendo. It doesn't matter if third-party titles sold under par for the Wii. Nintendo sold the most systems and the most games, end of discussion.

most games? lol, tell that to the millions of Wii users that had to buy a 360 or a PS3 to play, well, more games.

Or tell that to the majority of Wii users that didnt touched their system in Wii's last couple of years, only to play MH or the Zelda game.

Tell me some games that have sold more than Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros, Wii Sports, Wii Fit etc this generation.

Thought so...

Now lets take it a step further... combine all the games sold for each system and compare them, then lets talk. Yes Nintendo games sell well they always do but how many of those come out in the life span of the system. While the PS3 or 360 games might not sell as well individually, these 2 systems library is much larger and diverse.

I'm talking about Nintendo made games vs Sony made games vs Microsoft made games. My post has nothing to do with diversity or how large the library is, it was strictly about sales.

lol, the things one have to say to justify a console that had few games.
#56AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/19/2013 5:49:29 PM
ylvis posted...
LitCandlez posted...

I was not the one who started the thread, just stating facts.

These mature Vita fan fetuses don't like facts...they make them angry...so, so angry.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#57AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/19/2013 5:52:14 PM
lol, the things one have to say to justify a console that had few games.

I know! Poor Vita fanboys, resorting to that defense for their system with little games:(
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#58kcypher2000Posted 2/19/2013 5:57:31 PM
ylvis posted...
LitCandlez posted...
VannofThursday posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
PS3 now dominates.

i think in sales its not
wii = 90million
ps3 = 70million
i am a Sony fanboy but Nintendo wins here.

A HUGE percentage of those Wii numbers are made up of children. Seriously. It's harder to find a kid in America without one than with one..

And your point is? Children aren't human beings? Plus you have absoutely no evidence to back up that statement of yours.

People forget that games arent just for adults. I am sure many of us started as kids anyway. Ps. Wonderbook.
#59Lelouch71Posted 2/19/2013 7:09:17 PM
Whoever gets both casual and core gamers wins the 8th gen not to mention an actual profit from their system. That is how the PS2, DS, and 3DS became the king.

Sony could regain the throne with the PS4 that's only if Nintendo screws up with the Wii U. MS won't have the same advantage as this past gen especially since the Japanese market couldn't care about them. MS only got the US market lock down. Even that could change depending on what Nintendo and Sony have as a game plan.

Also I'm pretty sure the Wii is pretty close to 100 million as of now.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"