Predict Vita sales in japan after 28th Feb Price Drop

#11Lord_VishanaPosted 2/19/2013 8:09:06 AM
Approximately 50k-60k.

As others already mentioned, a price reduction is nice, however the memory cards need to be lowered. The unit itself(non bundle) should come with a 4gb or 8gb card. That is a hidden cost that shouldn't exist.
---
In Soviet Russia... GREGOR SMASH YOU!!! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#12RotuhiiriPosted 2/19/2013 8:11:03 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Approximately 50k-60k.

As others already mentioned, a price reduction is nice, however the memory cards need to be lowered. The unit itself(non bundle) should come with a 4gb or 8gb card. That is a hidden cost that shouldn't exist.

At least they're making a Japanese bundle where you get a Vita + 32GB memory card for "$250". That's definitely a step in the right direction.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#13blunderminePosted 2/19/2013 8:12:21 AM
thetrixter99 posted...
yeah they only sold 4 plus million, and I bet the first week sales are gonna surge as there must be at least 4 million people waiting for the price drop from all the post's I read on the different boards.

First they scream Vita needs a price drop, Sony drops price

Now its Vita needs more games.

If Sony had jumped and done a price drop early like Nintendo, it would have been a lot more effective. The price was the main talking point 6 months in because it was too soon to have a good clear idea of its library. Now we've gone a year and the library has taken centre stage in discussions with its overall slim pickings and lacklustre performance of big titles.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#14blunderminePosted 2/19/2013 8:13:33 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Approximately 50k-60k.

At least they're making a Japanese bundle where you get a Vita + 32GB memory card for "$250". That's definitely a step in the right direction.

Yes, though most people probably agree that should have been the price point from the start.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#15GhetsisPosted 2/19/2013 8:22:04 AM
I picked >10k, because it includes all of the other options, and so I'm guaranteed to be correct.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#16Lord_VishanaPosted 2/19/2013 8:26:00 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Approximately 50k-60k.

Oh coolbeans, I wasn't aware of that. That should help drastically hopefully. :-)
---
In Soviet Russia... GREGOR SMASH YOU!!! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#17LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/19/2013 8:33:03 AM
I'm predicting between 30k and 40k.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#18Proto1215Posted 2/19/2013 8:40:25 AM
I think it'll sell more than 100k but I'm optimistic.
#19ejay8320Posted 2/19/2013 8:49:47 AM
Doh put 20K but forgot PSO2 and Senran is released the 28th... Hmmm I think 40K - 50K might be possible, but I think it will be stable for bit with the release of SS the week after.

Now a better question, anyone wanna predict the sales of the Vita before the price drop date lol.