Would an approximate $36 price drop be enough to get you to buy a vita?

#1REMercsChampPosted 2/19/2013 6:40:24 AM
Looking at the recent Japan price drop, if they were to do the western equivalent, would come out to about $36 dollars in savings from the current price. Would that be enough to get you to buy one? Keep in mind a NA price drop would probably be months down the line.
#2RotuhiiriPosted 2/19/2013 6:44:41 AM
The price of the Vita before price drop was ~25k yen which is $267. The price after is ~20k yen which is $214. 267-214 = $53. Not $36.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#3lifelackPosted 2/19/2013 7:05:12 AM
Even at 53$ the price drop is not what I'm looking for. It's not a case of being overpriced it's a case of having no killer app.
#4Sailor GoonPosted 2/19/2013 7:10:25 AM
I'll never understand people who say the system has no 'killer app', when the system has the likes of Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed, Project Zero, Silent Hill, Call of Duty, etc.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#5BonezWellPosted 2/19/2013 7:18:29 AM
I don't care about the price. It's the games and there are too few which I actually want to play. So I'll wait a bit more.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#6lifelackPosted 2/19/2013 7:18:55 AM
What I said... no killer app. Do you have problems with your brain or something? If there's killer apps, where's the sales? Don't tell me people cannot afford to pay so that's why it's flopping hard now.
At first it was funny but now... You're kind is the reason it got so bad... low standards.
#7zxelmanPosted 2/19/2013 7:20:30 AM
Opinions claimed as facts again in a GameFAQs topic?

It's more likely than you think.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xelorx.png
You don't want to be famous for your trophies. Hakoom is an example of this.
#8lifelackPosted 2/19/2013 7:24:54 AM
No... not opinions.... but money talk and it's yelping more than a thousand barber right now. Open your eyes.
#9Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/19/2013 7:26:12 AM
If I'm being honest... no probably not. The games being promoted on the Vita don't interest me. Also forgive me, but I don't really want to play any Monster Hunter clones when I could play the real Monster Hunter.

I had a PSP... I only bought it for Monster Hunter. I just... don't have an interest in the Vita, but I don't begrudge it. If the quality of games suddenly picked up and it got several that really caught my eye I'd get one, of course I would, but the issue with the Vita has never been the price.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#10kcypher2000Posted 2/19/2013 7:34:35 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I'll never understand people who say the system has no 'killer app', when the system has the likes of Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed, Project Zero, Silent Hill, Call of Duty, etc.

That list is laughably sad. Posting that list should be considered trolling.