RUMOR: Full PS4/Vita Slim details leaked ahead of Sony's conference.

#1DunGoofdPosted 2/19/2013 7:39:39 PM(edited)
Stolen from CE (__Cam__), which was stolen from somewhere else

Console:
* Uses a 4-core AMD CPU, and an AMD GPU performing similarly to the Radeon HD 7XXX series of GPU's. Is the "most open" console Sony's ever developed.
* The hardware makes sure that there will be 1080p, 60FPS, anti-alised "standard" for games. The console supports 4K displays, and future games will reflect that.
* Uses a proprietary Blu Ray laser + drive that reads/loads content up to 2.5x as fast as the PS3.
* Can interact with smartphones/tablets and vice versa. The PS4 can mirror full games directly to a tablet, while (theoretically) someone else can browse the PSN Store or watch a movie.
* Can be used as a STB/DVR for certain cable providers.
* Will launch in Q4 2013.

Controller:
* Resembles a more ergonomical DualShock 3, but with updated motifs like glassy buttons, concave thumbsticks, a larger D-Pad, and larger handles.
* Has a small, Vita-like touchpad on the front of the controller, though it isn't "in the way", so to speak. The touchpad itself also acts as a clickable (tactile) button.
* Features a gyroscope and an IR-sensitive bar to improve upon the Sixaxis' motion controls.

System Software:
* Sony's retiring the XMB in favor of a new, customizable 3D UI.
* PlayStation Cloud - Game saves, PSN info, trophy data, etc. saved to a single profile in the cloud. Certain PSN games can be streamed directly to the PS4 at a cheaper price than a full purchase.
* PS Home will be replaced with a social network-like platform where PSN users can post in discussion boards about games, talk in chat rooms, or meet new friends.
* Developers can use their own graphics and sounds for PSN notifications, trophy unlocking, and other parts of the System Software's UI such as keyboards.

PS Vita Slim:
* Slightly smaller than the existing Vita, resulting in higher pixel density.
* Improved battery life by 1-2 hours.
* Added HDMI + USB ports.
* Price dropped to $189 and $229 for the WiFi and 3G versions.
* Releasing in May.
#2EvilSock1990Posted 2/19/2013 7:39:31 PM
* Can interact with smartphones/tablets and vice versa. The PS4 can mirror full games directly to a tablet, while (theoretically) someone else can browse the PSN Store or watch a movie.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
#3archedsoulPosted 2/19/2013 7:43:08 PM
* Resembles a more ergonomical DualShock 3, but with updated motifs like glassy buttons, concave thumbsticks, a larger D-Pad, and larger handles.
* Has a small, Vita-like touchpad on the front of the controller, though it isn't "in the way", so to speak. The touchpad itself also acts as a clickable (tactile) button.

Sounds like the PS4 dev kit controller.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ps4-devkit-controller.jpg
#4EmptyTomePosted 2/19/2013 7:43:47 PM
"PS Home will be replaced with a social network-like platform where PSN users can post in discussion boards about games, talk in chat rooms, or meet new friends.."

That sounds a lot like certain feature on the other system. This, and that tablet connectivity...

Shame on you, Sony!
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#5blackman232Posted 2/19/2013 7:44:15 PM
Oh hell ya about PS VITA ! I'm not liking home consoles anymore. Wish Luck to Sony, but I sure the hell wish SEGA was still here in the console wars :(
---
R.I.P. Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Genesis
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 2/19/2013 7:45:23 PM
If Sony released a PSVita Slim (which I doubt they will), I would be pretty livid. How about some new games instead of throwing early adopters under the bus?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#7fEARtHEgOOCHPosted 2/19/2013 7:45:38 PM
As long as they don't make the physical Vita games obsolete, I'm happy with my current purchase. That HDMI out would be nice, but I plan on finally getting a PS3 soon so it wouldn't be all that useful.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Persona 4, King of Fighters XIII
#8The_LimitPosted 2/19/2013 7:45:56 PM
Playstation Home being replaced makes me sad. I wish they'd make it accessible for Vita.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/kxUP31K.jpg
#9darkphiresagePosted 2/19/2013 7:46:12 PM
more interested in what they're gonna do with gaikai to be honest. i wish they'd tell us.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#10Spiffy247Posted 2/19/2013 7:46:25 PM
If those are the differences with a new Vita, there's a good chance I'll stick with my current system.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.