Sony, thank you for saving us!!!

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 2/20/2013 6:46:16 PM
Best gaming community ever!!!

So innovative and ahead of its time, made vita relevant and other "current" gen consoles seem redundant and Stone Age.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2DucePosted 2/20/2013 6:48:02 PM
Yes Sony saved me from spending $400+ on PS4 I have no interest in it now.
#3ColorlessMagePosted 2/20/2013 6:49:57 PM
This topic is most likely going to be a major backfire in the months to come.

In anycase don't say anything is "saved" until it actually show results of that.
#4Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 2/20/2013 6:53:09 PM
made vita relevant

Were you watching the 2013 event?
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 2/20/2013 6:55:59 PM
I honestly don't have any interest in the PS4. While the potential ability to remote play PS4 titles on the Vita is nifty, it doesn't help those who don't plan to purchase it. I'm not willing to spend X amount of money on a PS4 to unlock the "true" potential of my Vita. Sony initially made a mistake by marketing the Vita as an accessory/peripheral to the PS3, they seemingly reinforced this with the PS4 connectivity. I'm not saying it's bad at all honestly. I just want the Vita to have it's own identity without being reliant upon other Sony consoles.
---
In Soviet Russia... GREGOR SMASH YOU!!! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6DalekZeroPosted 2/20/2013 6:57:22 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I honestly don't have any interest in the PS4. While the potential ability to remote play PS4 titles on the Vita is nifty, it doesn't help those who don't plan to purchase it. I'm not willing to spend X amount of money on a PS4 to unlock the "true" potential of my Vita. Sony initially made a mistake by marketing the Vita as an accessory/peripheral to the PS3, they seemingly reinforced this with the PS4 connectivity. I'm not saying it's bad at all honestly. I just want the Vita to have it's own identity without being reliant upon other Sony consoles.

As someone who doesn't own a ps3, I'm hoping the ps4 is reasonably priced (400-500?) for the lowest end model. I think the lack of a price point was the biggest failing of this event.
---
How do you make holy water?
You boil the hell out of it.
#7Da_IsiotPosted 2/20/2013 7:00:49 PM
How did they save the vita?

I shoulda got a wiiu instead, least id of gotten the console and remote in the same package instead of buying a remote (vita) now and the console (ps4) later.
---
PSN - Isiot_X
Xbox Live - oO Isiot Oo
#8NerdstickPosted 2/20/2013 7:04:01 PM
Da_Isiot posted...

I shoulda got a wiiu instead, least id of gotten the console and remote in the same package instead of buying a remote (vita) now and the console (ps4) later.

I know you're joking, but if you're only interested in the off-tv aspect, the WiiU is the far worse choice. Remote Play isn't going to be hindered by stupid touch screen gimmicks, or developer laziness (should it be in Sony's hands). See: Monster Hunter 3U. Or any WiiU game that utilizes the Gamepad at all which wouldn't work.

Not to mention you're comparing a controller to a dedicated handheld..
#9lunchEATSyouPosted 2/20/2013 7:06:49 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Da_Isiot posted...

I know you're joking, but if you're only interested in the off-tv aspect, the WiiU is the far worse choice. Remote Play isn't going to be hindered by stupid touch screen gimmicks, or developer laziness (should it be in Sony's hands). See: Monster Hunter 3U. Or any WiiU game that utilizes the Gamepad at all which wouldn't work.

Not to mention you're comparing a controller to a dedicated handheld..

Remote play will be hampered by the Vita's terrible rear-touch screen. At least the Wii-U tablet has actual L2/R2 buttons and L3/R3 function.....
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#10FlaccidKratosPosted 2/20/2013 10:40:31 PM
Vita has won!!