Sony, thank you for saving us!!!

#11vyseskiesPosted 2/21/2013 6:12:44 AM
DalekZero posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
I honestly don't have any interest in the PS4. While the potential ability to remote play PS4 titles on the Vita is nifty, it doesn't help those who don't plan to purchase it. I'm not willing to spend X amount of money on a PS4 to unlock the "true" potential of my Vita. Sony initially made a mistake by marketing the Vita as an accessory/peripheral to the PS3, they seemingly reinforced this with the PS4 connectivity. I'm not saying it's bad at all honestly. I just want the Vita to have it's own identity without being reliant upon other Sony consoles.

As someone who doesn't own a ps3, I'm hoping the ps4 is reasonably priced (400-500?) for the lowest end model. I think the lack of a price point was the biggest failing of this event.

FIVE HUNDRED NINE NINE US DOLLARS-
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#12Pasha777Posted 2/21/2013 6:31:57 AM
Da_Isiot posted...
How did they save the vita?

I shoulda got a wiiu instead, least id of gotten the console and remote in the same package instead of buying a remote (vita) now and the console (ps4) later.

I don't get it why trolls bring up Wii U all the time. Can you stream Wii U games to your gamepad over the internet? No you can't... Wii U gamepad works only 2-3 meters away from Wii U unit.
#13Sami1000Posted 2/21/2013 7:10:58 AM
There's no one for Sony to save except themself. If vita flops, i'll have moment of silence for it and move on.
#14PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/21/2013 7:25:46 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I honestly don't have any interest in the PS4. While the potential ability to remote play PS4 titles on the Vita is nifty, it doesn't help those who don't plan to purchase it. I'm not willing to spend X amount of money on a PS4 to unlock the "true" potential of my Vita. Sony initially made a mistake by marketing the Vita as an accessory/peripheral to the PS3, they seemingly reinforced this with the PS4 connectivity. I'm not saying it's bad at all honestly. I just want the Vita to have it's own identity without being reliant upon other Sony consoles.

Thank you. It seems Sony has given up on making the Vita it's own product, and are now more focused on bringing out it's full potential ONLY if you have a PS4 or PS3. I'm not ignoring the fact that you have a large PSP and PS1 library available on the go, as well as some Vita games, but it just feels like they're half ass'ing the Vita.

It almost feels like a very, very expensive VMU.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#15EseenuzPosted 2/21/2013 8:24:01 AM
I walk not among Men & Women but among Gods lol
#16Akiba69Posted 2/21/2013 8:29:49 AM
Best gaming community ever? You sure about that? PC still beats the main 3 consoles.

Also don't forget that while there is a nice new shiny console, developers and publishers are still the same. Don't expect everything to be as perfect as you imagine. Expect more dull dark grey and brown shooters like Killzone.

The most exciting thing about the conference was what MediaMolecule had going for them with the Move creations thing, but i will be very very surprised if that becomes a real thing and as well put together as they showed. You should always take everything shown at these things with a grain of salt.
#17Ambassador_KongPosted 2/21/2013 8:43:49 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Da_Isiot posted...
How did they save the vita?

I shoulda got a wiiu instead, least id of gotten the console and remote in the same package instead of buying a remote (vita) now and the console (ps4) later.

I know you're joking, but if you're only interested in the off-tv aspect, the WiiU is the far worse choice. Remote Play isn't going to be hindered by stupid touch screen gimmicks, or developer laziness (should it be in Sony's hands). See: Monster Hunter 3U. Or any WiiU game that utilizes the Gamepad at all which wouldn't work.

Not to mention you're comparing a controller to a dedicated handheld..

Are you kidding? The WiiU gamepad is awesome and it was designed specifically to work with the WiiU. Unless Sony is going to produce a new Vita design, I'm not sure how they will get around latency issues between the Vita and the PS4.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.