Vita sales doesn't matter? Ubisoft disagree

#1xfactorPosted 2/21/2013 7:45:43 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514716

You mention dual screen. Could this mean that you could, for instance, only develop one Assassin's Creed game PS4 and Vita would show the same game, instead of creating a game specifically for the handheld?

What is needed is more Vita to be sold. The greater the install base, the more publishers will want to utilize it.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#2PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/21/2013 7:49:33 AM
Definitely interesting, but they're saying what we all pretty much knew.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#3Golden_MeanPosted 2/21/2013 7:50:24 AM
Stop the presses people. The Vita needs to be sOLD.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#4KogaSteelfangPosted 2/21/2013 7:55:13 AM
Golden_Mean posted...

You say that as if it's not one of the biggest, and dumbest ways people defend the Vita here.
"It don't need to sell, it have strongar tech, and I like sum game already. I be happy if it dies now, stoopid."
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#5lunchEATSyouPosted 2/21/2013 7:55:53 AM
This is a pretty redundant topic.

By now, all reasonable Vita owners know that sales do matter. (By reasonable I mean everybody who is not a member of the SDF) Higher game sales= more games that get developed.

This topic is redundant in that you won't convince anybody that still believes that sales don't matter.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#6BruceLee1974Posted 2/21/2013 7:57:00 AM
Is there still another day to this Sony conference thing or is it over now ? Because maybe if Sony are smart they will do a price drop for the Vita and memory cards as well.

I think it would make many people happy that are too cheap.
#7darkphiresagePosted 2/21/2013 8:03:18 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
Golden_Mean posted...

You say that as if it's not one of the biggest, and dumbest ways people defend the Vita here.
"It don't need to sell, it have strongar tech, and I like sum game already. I be happy if it dies now, stoopid."

a person being satisfied with what they got out of their purchase doesn't mean they think it doesn't need to sell.

for example, i've already gotten $250 worth of entertainment outta this thing quite a while ago. SS, Ys, PSO2 and streaming ps4 games anywhere i find wifi, (too cheap to pay for cell tethering >_>), will just be icing on the cake. but being satisfied with my purchase, doesn't mean i don't think it should sell more.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#8fizzbizzPosted 2/21/2013 8:07:31 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...

By now, all reasonable Vita owners know that sales do matter. (By reasonable I mean everybody who is not a member of the SDF) Higher game sales= more games that get developed.

This topic is redundant in that you won't convince anybody that still believes that sales don't matter.

Agreed.

I love my vita but its obvious that it hasn't been selling as well as expected and sales always matter at the end of the day. I also believe that Sony are not going to abandon the Vita any time soon.

It gets a little boring seeing the same people (xfactor) posting the same messages every day.

you seriously need to get a life xfactor. Don't you have anything else to do?
#9KogaSteelfangPosted 2/21/2013 8:11:32 AM
darkphiresage posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
Golden_Mean posted...

a person being satisfied with what they got out of their purchase doesn't mean they think it doesn't need to sell.

for example, i've already gotten $250 worth of entertainment outta this thing quite a while ago. SS, Ys, PSO2 and streaming ps4 games anywhere i find wifi, (too cheap to pay for cell tethering >_>), will just be icing on the cake. but being satisfied with my purchase, doesn't mean i don't think it should sell more.

I'm not talking about the people who are satisfied already.
I'm talking about the ones who do specifically use this as a defense to justify poor sales.
Just like in the Title, "Sales don't matter" is always in there somewhere. Usually followed by insults towards people who want more sales to push 3rd party development.

In this case, you said it needs to sell more, so they'd target you too by claiming it doesn't need to sell at all to be enjoyable.
They're all blinded by self centeredness and can't see the big picture at all.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#10Nophoria88Posted 2/21/2013 8:20:05 AM
fizzbizz posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

Agreed.

I love my vita but its obvious that it hasn't been selling as well as expected and sales always matter at the end of the day. I also believe that Sony are not going to abandon the Vita any time soon.

It gets a little boring seeing the same people (xfactor) posting the same messages every day.

you seriously need to get a life xfactor. Don't you have anything else to do?

Also agreed, and lol.