The Vita has more digital sales than the PS3

#11Angemon_23Posted 2/22/2013 5:20:58 AM
I don't understand why people would want to buy Digital games because once you buy it you can never resell it again. I always like to buy a physical copy of a game so when I am finished with it I can resell it again and at least get some money back.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I never resell games or consoles, so going all digital means more free shelf space. Then again, i only buy digital copies if i want to buy it on the release date and no store near me has it available, if it's a DD only game or if there's a promotion on the DD version. For the rest, i just choose whatever version is cheaper (which means "physical" in 99% of the cases).
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#12kingofall214Posted 2/22/2013 6:45:34 AM
You can also make back up copies of your vita games on your pc or ps3. You can't do that with PS3 DD games.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#13DrROBschizPosted 2/22/2013 6:55:39 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
I don't understand why people would want to buy Digital games because once you buy it you can never resell it again. I always like to buy a physical copy of a game so when I am finished with it I can resell it again and at least get some money back.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I never resell games or consoles, so going all digital means more free shelf space. Then again, i only buy digital copies if i want to buy it on the release date and no store near me has it available, if it's a DD only game or if there's a promotion on the DD version. For the rest, i just choose whatever version is cheaper (which means "physical" in 99% of the cases).

Lets say you buy a 60 dollar game and sell it for thirty

Now lets say you use steam and the same game is Available for 30

The digital space(Should they follow the Steam model) will effectively negate the benefit of selling physical games

Its the future... and its better
#14BruceLee1974Posted 2/22/2013 9:06:06 AM
I always shop around and get the physical copy a lot cheaper anyway. I never pay full price for a game. Downloading a game I don't agree with, you download it and if you don't like it, it's a waste of money down the drain, no trial, no nothing, can't get a refund.

You might as well get that money and burn it, least with a physical game I can always get my money back, most of the time it's the full amount as well from the shops I buy from.
#15StrikeNinja24Posted 2/22/2013 9:08:42 AM
DrROBschiz posted...
Angemon_23 posted...

The digital space(Should they follow the Steam model) will effectively negate the benefit of selling physical games

*Looks at how Sony handles PSN*

I wouldn't hold your breath.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#16ejay8320Posted 2/22/2013 9:36:07 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...

Some games you can't get physically anymore(for a reasonable price). For portable gaming going digital just works, majority of your library is easily accessed and you don't have to carry extra baggage. Some just don't need/want to sell their older games. When buying it on release digital purchases can be cheaper, for example here is Ontario, Canada PSN isn't taxed(13%). Lost your Vita, atleast you don't have to re-buy your games.

Both side's have their Pros/cons these are a few reasons why some prefer going digital.
#17smelly_boobPosted 2/22/2013 10:59:12 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...

this.... only a game I know I will never sell I would buy digital.... or a game I got for free with cross-buy
#18NerdstickPosted 2/22/2013 11:03:44 AM
DrROBschiz posted...

Black Ops 2 on Steam: $40 for Weekend Sale.
Black Ops 2 on 360/PS3/WiiU on Amazon: $40. Potentially less used.

Anybody who buys a $60 title that immediately halves in value is an idiot. I'll keep buying physical games and saving money. Steam is only good for $5 sales.
#19NnamzPosted 2/22/2013 4:30:32 PM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Because the PS3 doesn't have as sparse retail offering?

Also, full Vita games are much smaller than full PS3 games. I would not have wanted to download Ni no Kuni (21.7 GB) on my DSL connection, for instance - even though my PS3 has plenty of HD space.

Keep in mind he isn't just talking about full games, he's talking about overall traffic of users downloading all games, which include the plethora of DD-only PSN games on PS3, which eclipse the entire Vita library in raw quantity.

Handhelds just lend themselves better to digital purchases.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#20Stasis_SwordPosted 2/22/2013 4:51:32 PM
My assumption is that Vita owners starved for more games are working on their PSOne/PSP backlog. With prices between $5-$20 and no physical option makes total sense. Atleast that's what I'm doing.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears