I'm about to join you guys as an owner next week. I'm pretty stoked.

#1RyuVegasPosted 2/22/2013 10:11:47 AM
And I'm stoked because the Vita is EXACTLY what I have been wanting for... damn... like 10 years now. Which is basically "A portable officially made and supported console" and that is what it is.

I'm getting it for the Ports(*gasp!*) and Cross-Play games, not to mention the fact that your PSN is Universal between your PS3 and Vita stuff so I can just get things on both at my leisure. I'm sure their will be some exclusives I want after I have the system.

Which brings me to my question: Are you going to ramrod me for being a consumer Sony actually targeted? It seems like you guys spout the "Vita Has no Games!" line a LOT more than it was ever said about the PS3 during its launch. What is wrong with Desiring the ports if one has never played them on any other platform before? Because I haven't played most of anything in a while since my PS3 YLoD'd. Plus I can play all these games ANYWHERE, and they will be the console-quality games we all know and love.

I guess haters gonna hate.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#2Jopez86Posted 2/22/2013 10:18:37 AM
RyuVegas posted...
And I'm stoked because the Vita is EXACTLY what I have been wanting for... damn... like 10 years now. Which is basically "A portable officially made and supported console" and that is what it is.

I'm getting it for the Ports(*gasp!*) and Cross-Play games, not to mention the fact that your PSN is Universal between your PS3 and Vita stuff so I can just get things on both at my leisure. I'm sure their will be some exclusives I want after I have the system.

Which brings me to my question: Are you going to ramrod me for being a consumer Sony actually targeted? It seems like you guys spout the "Vita Has no Games!" line a LOT more than it was ever said about the PS3 during its launch. What is wrong with Desiring the ports if one has never played them on any other platform before? Because I haven't played most of anything in a while since my PS3 YLoD'd. Plus I can play all these games ANYWHERE, and they will be the console-quality games we all know and love.

Awesome man, welcome to the club! Vita is a great systen, what games are you getting?
#3Ambassador_KongPosted 2/22/2013 10:24:40 AM
RyuVegas posted...

I have a Vita and I think it is great, but I am going to tell you that you are better off waiting. Unless the games currently out are enough for you, there is no good reason to buy a Vita. Sony has no interest in supporting the machine and neither do developers. It is quite sad because the machine is really great, but Sony is even better at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#4RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:39:25 AM(edited)
Jopez86 posted...
Awesome man, welcome to the club! Vita is a great systen, what games are you getting?

Well first there is BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, which I WILL purchase day-in with my Vita, even if it is a digital copy as I'm one of the biggest BlazBlue Fans you'll ever meet.

Then There is Rayman Origins which I do have on the Wii but everyone tells me the Vita is the one that makes that game "pop" the most. And given the artstyle, I'm hoping everyone is right.

Then there is Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Sly 4: Thieves in Time that since they have cross-play I don't see how this won't be awesome as I love both franchises so I just plan on buying the PS3 versions and using the DL Code to get copy, then when I fix my PS3 I can just play them on that too when I can. I guess this also applies to Playstaton All-Stars, but I still don't know if I want that or not.

Persona 4: Golden looks like it is the best game on the console and I've been fleetingly interested in the Persona games I've just never gotten the TV time to sit down and play a deep RPG. Playing it in the Palm of my hand(much like playing FE:A has shown me) will be much easier for me to play.

I noticed HD Collections now exist for it. Specifically I saw MGS2&3 available for it when I was last at Gamestop and my jaw dropped. I definitely want that game.

Then for Vita Exclusives Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 intrigue me the most. But then I fall into the trap everyone has been spouting about "No Games!" and I don't know what to look for beyond those. >.>

I know I'll be happy with my Vita because I know exactly what I want to purchase for it for a while. The PS+ Free Game Collection looks pretty tantalizing too. And I didn't even name PSN games I could play.

Ambassador_Kong posted...
I have a Vita and I think it is great, but I am going to tell you that you are better off waiting. Unless the games currently out are enough for you, there is no good reason to buy a Vita. Sony has no interest in supporting the machine and neither do developers. It is quite sad because the machine is really great, but Sony is even better at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hmmm. Maybe. But me buying it is kind of a weird financial decision. To be totally honest... I'm stopping my WiiU Layaway and Purchasing a Vita instead because I thought on it and I already have a list of games I know I want for my Vita. But my Potential WiiU?I was going to buy the ZombiU Bundle and then not buy another game until Pikmin 3 came out. So if I'm going to wait on one system, might as well be the one that makes sense waiting for my own personal wants.

But I doubt PSVita is in total trouble with the connectivity it is going to have with the PS4. Sony didn't let the PSP die, and so I doubt they will let the Vita just completely die. You are right: Sony is damn good at pulling out victory from the Jaws of Defeat. And I would be lying if I didn't say the PS4 stuff is another reason I want a Vita.
---
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#5RyuuHou25Posted 2/22/2013 10:58:10 AM
I just got mine this past Tuesday, I already got a 32GB card, begrudgingly mind you, bought Persona 4 Golden Premium set off Ebay, got Hot Shots Golf and Disgaea 3 physical, then have Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man X (psp) through Plus as well on the card.

My only tip, if you can find somewhere that has them in stock, get a Hori screen protector, the official Sony ones or any other ones really are PITAs to get on without something sticking to them within 2 seconds and messing them up right away.

I got the skin from P4G on (had two, the first got crapped up) almost perfectly, it's slightly off on the left side, and did it immediately after taking it off the plastic it was on, and still two small hairs got under it.

If you don't go with a protector, which I wouldn't recommend unless you have non oily skin and I mean literally your fingers don't leave prints on glass at all EVER, make sure you get a micro fiber cloth to wipe it down.

And I would also recommend a hard case just for peace of mind. Then again, I'm pretty OCD about keeping mine safe and good, so if you're not, go with what works for ya! :D

And welcome!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#6RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:32:08 AM
You guys are seriously nicer than like any other board. >.> If I said I was getting my WiiU on the WiiU board instead I'm sure I'd have trolls all up in my business telling me how bad the console is and how much of a bad decision I made.

But you guys seem to boast on cautious optimism. It is a nice change. ^_^
---
#7krizz07Posted 2/22/2013 11:44:15 AM
i just got mine this january too and i was quite happy with it so far. like you, i kinda missed out a lot of the previous great games of the past generation since i was more into pc and portable gaming. so i am actually grateful for these ports so i can get started again since a lot of the games are story based.

i also recommend subscribing to ps plus!
#8HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 2/22/2013 11:55:40 AM(edited)
I have had my Vita since June, and I have always been playing something. The system feels like it was made for me, as the ports it has, I have never played (Never owned a Ps2 or ps3).

Here is my list:
MGS HD Collection - The things I could say about these games.....the only metal gear I played before this was Twin Snakes on Gamecube (still my favorite) and I must say I can see why the fanchise is so popular.

DJ Max: If you like ryhtm games PLEASE get this....it seriously is everything you could want from "DDR, guitar hero" games. Great music too :)

Person 4 Golden: Everything has been said about this and I think it is truly one of the best games ever made.

Disgaea 3: Though I respect the series and can see why people like it, I couldn't really get into it....I do try again time and time again and often play in hardcore sessions of a few hours straight. Thats okay though because it is there if I need it.

Uncharted: Hmmmm...not really my cup of tea, though I did beat the game. This is my first Uncharted game, but I am not one for third person shooters - except for vanquish lol. It is still good though and I am sure if you have played any other in this series you'd enjoy it. I just heard the story is weaker compared to the others.

Ninja Gaiden: if you haven't played this (which I didn't) -> get it.

That's all I can think of that I have soo far...I am not at home to check, but If any more come to mind and your interested I'll edit my post when I remember :D
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#9Ambassador_KongPosted 2/22/2013 11:59:53 AM
I really enjoy the PS1 classics on the Vita, they never felt right on the PSP, but they work great on the Vita.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#10zxelmanPosted 2/22/2013 12:02:37 PM(edited)
You guys are seriously nicer than like any other board. >.> If I said I was getting my WiiU on the WiiU board instead I'm sure I'd have trolls all up in my business telling me how bad the console is and how much of a bad decision I made.

But you guys seem to boast on cautious optimism. It is a nice change. ^_^

Haha, well optimism isn't always the best thing, but as long as caution is exercised, you're usually satisfied.

EDF 2017 is a pretty neat game for just the pure destructive fun of destroying aliens. Has co-op and goes online, has plenty of replay value, missions, difficulties, and loot for you to enjoy. It can get repetitive though and I think $40 is a bit much for it, but it's really good.

And I suggest getting PS+ for the ability to not only "try" out new games if you like them, or if you just want some random "free" games every once in a while to enjoy. Check their section and you'll see you get Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, and so on for free as long as you subscribe.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xelorx.png
You don't want to be famous for your trophies. Hakoom is an example of this.