I'm about to join you guys as an owner next week. I'm pretty stoked.

#11Nophoria88Posted 2/22/2013 12:23:40 PM
RyuVegas posted...
You guys are seriously nicer than like any other board. >.> If I said I was getting my WiiU on the WiiU board instead I'm sure I'd have trolls all up in my business telling me how bad the console is and how much of a bad decision I made.

But you guys seem to boast on cautious optimism. It is a nice change. ^_^

That's funny, trolls on every board saying how each system fails, there are people like that here too crying how the Vita is doomed lol. The Vita has plenty of great games, on both the PSN and retail and PS1 titles actually look good on the Vita, unlike on the PS3. Good choice about changing the Wii U buy, my brother has one and I am not envious, though it has potential. It sounds like you'll love Persona 4 Golden, it's so good.
#12FindmeElseweyrPosted 2/22/2013 12:34:26 PM
Vita isn't worth it atm.

I guess if you never had a PSP or PS1 then you're set, but it'd be a lot cheaper to just buy a PSP.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#13RyuuHou25Posted 2/22/2013 12:34:52 PM
RyuVegas posted...
You guys are seriously nicer than like any other board. >.> If I said I was getting my WiiU on the WiiU board instead I'm sure I'd have trolls all up in my business telling me how bad the console is and how much of a bad decision I made.

But you guys seem to boast on cautious optimism. It is a nice change. ^_^

They still populate this board, they're just lesser in number now since they have other things to go troll on, like the PS4 boards *laughs*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#14Mister MoneyPosted 2/22/2013 12:40:18 PM
RyuVegas posted...
And I'm stoked because the Vita is EXACTLY what I have been wanting for... damn... like 10 years now. Which is basically "A portable officially made and supported console" and that is what it is.

I'm getting it for the Ports(*gasp!*) and Cross-Play games, not to mention the fact that your PSN is Universal between your PS3 and Vita stuff so I can just get things on both at my leisure. I'm sure their will be some exclusives I want after I have the system.

Which brings me to my question: Are you going to ramrod me for being a consumer Sony actually targeted? It seems like you guys spout the "Vita Has no Games!" line a LOT more than it was ever said about the PS3 during its launch. What is wrong with Desiring the ports if one has never played them on any other platform before? Because I haven't played most of anything in a while since my PS3 YLoD'd. Plus I can play all these games ANYWHERE, and they will be the console-quality games we all know and love.

I guess haters gonna hate.

Congratulations on your (soon) purchase. Welcome to the Vita community.

I personally recommend Ys: Memories of Celceta, coming in September by XSEED.

I have three PS Vitas (I am a semi-collector). I bought the Red and Blue in Japan and got the Assassin's Creed Bundle for the White Vita.

If you prefer a color other than the usual Black and White, try the Silver coming out next week in Japan if you import.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red)
#15LegionSoupPosted 2/22/2013 12:43:34 PM
Congrats, dude! I love my Vita, and I have a ton of ports as well as new games. I pretty much get all of the games I'm interested in on it, so I've definitely paid for games twice (Unltimate Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed, Sonic All Star Delux, etc).

I think the library is great for having been out just 1 year. There's something for pretty much anyone.

RPGs? Persona 4
Tons of great fighting games.
A couple shooters that are hated much more than they should be (I had a lot of fun with Resistance, especially after I got the final weapon in that game).
Plenty of sports games.
The list goes on!

I play my Vita as much as I play my PS3 right now.
#16outcast1398Posted 2/22/2013 12:44:23 PM
FindmeElseweyr posted...
Vita isn't worth it atm.

I guess if you never had a PSP or PS1 then you're set, but it'd be a lot cheaper to just buy a PSP.

Got mine for $100.. thank you At&t :D

I like mine overall, just make sure you get a good deal on it. If you can find the bundled systems on sale for $200 you would be good I think. though I haven't noticed the pricing since the holidays with all the deals (again thank you AT&T). Currently loving Uncharted and Zero Escape.

Can't wait to try out some classics as well.

Not really digging MGS2 on the Vita. Something about the controls. Probably would enjoy more on the PS3. Haven't loaded up MGS3 yet.. hopeful but not sure if it would be any different?
#17outcast1398Posted 2/22/2013 12:45:32 PM
LegionSoup posted...
Congrats, dude! I love my Vita, and I have a ton of ports as well as new games. I pretty much get all of the games I'm interested in on it, so I've definitely paid for games twice (Unltimate Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed, Sonic All Star Delux, etc).

I think the library is great for having been out just 1 year. There's something for pretty much anyone.

RPGs? Persona 4
Tons of great fighting games.
A couple shooters that are hated much more than they should be (I had a lot of fun with Resistance, especially after I got the final weapon in that game).
Plenty of sports games.
The list goes on!

I play my Vita as much as I play my PS3 right now.

Wish EA ported over NHL :(
#18Azure_lKitePosted 2/22/2013 12:46:30 PM
FindmeElseweyr posted...
Vita isn't worth it atm.

There's literally no reason to get a PSP instead of a Vita when the latter can play pretty much every good PSP game except for BBS and FFCC, not to mention the fact it's a better designed system. You're bound to have games you enjoy on it, even if nothing catches your eye at first. 3 libraries>2 libraries.

Also welcome to the club TC, you might want to look into DJ Max TT if you even remotely likes rhythm games. Oh, and respect for being a BlazBlue fan!
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#19Mister MoneyPosted 2/22/2013 12:49:50 PM
Azure_lKite posted...
FindmeElseweyr posted...
Vita isn't worth it atm.

There's literally no reason to get a PSP instead of a Vita when the latter can play pretty much every good PSP game except for BBS and FFCC, not to mention the fact it's a better designed system. You're bound to have games you enjoy on it, even if nothing catches your eye at first. 3 libraries>2 libraries.

Also welcome to the club TC, you might want to look into DJ Max TT if you even remotely likes rhythm games. Oh, and respect for being a BlazBlue fan!

Agreed. Once I held the Vita in my hands for a bit, holding a PSP felt like holding a cheap throwaway toy. I gave away one of my PSPs to a cousin just for the heck of it...including the 32GB memory card I had in it.

I honestly wish I never bought half the games I did on the PSP, so I could pay for them via PSN and play them on the Vita instead.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red)
#20zxelmanPosted 2/22/2013 12:54:59 PM
FindmeElseweyr posted...
Vita isn't worth it atm.

There's literally no reason to get a PSP instead of a Vita

Except that it's cheaper? Like, really cheap in comparison?

And that you can do a lot of stuff with it that I can't say here, not relating to you-know-what.

But I can see your point.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xelorx.png
You don't want to be famous for your trophies. Hakoom is an example of this.