Just got a Vita...

#11FiendEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 7:36:10 PM
I looked at the games you suggested earlier, and made the decision not to buy most of them.

- Virtue was a no-go because I already have the one for the 3DS, and while good, not a must buy and just buying a vita set me back alot (im saving up for a new ipod too)
-not buying gravity rush was a last minute decision (again b/c of the $, but i figure i can try to pick it up later)
-I didn't look at Touch my Katamari, will have to look into
-I just don't like mortal kombat (sorry)
-Silent Hill is the game i put at the very bottom of my priority list (which includes 3DS games)

Any other suggestions? I preordered Muramasa Rebirth and Ys IV. I'm always looking for Phantasy Star Online 2 info. I looked at some others, but they didn't seem that important to me (AC3L). I also didn't want to overload myself with games, as I am also a FEnichie and am still playing awakening.
FF13 would've matched with FE13 for me and made the vita the better system for me, but i don't even feel the need to buy FF10 (sorry vita guys, right now i like the 3ds game selection better) All I need for the vita is FF13. to become perfect I'd also need tales of symphonia/vesperia.
#12kamikaze135Posted 2/22/2013 8:08:32 PM
Soul Sacrifice....I'm getting a Vita for that and P4 alone. A few other games look great, but those were the primary reason for me getting a Vita.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#13FiendEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:22:02 PM
I looked at Soul Sacrifice, but I really don't like what I've seen about it. Right now I'm considering it a no-buy, but when it comes out in japan and us, i'm going to give it another look both times.
#14NerdstickPosted 2/22/2013 8:27:13 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nerdstick posted...
VLR would need to be a huge improvement on 999 to fulfill that, considering that 999 was awful. Silent Hill BOM is a bastardization of the series from devs that can't make a decent game. Katamari's Katamari..

Can't own a Vita without Gravity Rush, though.

I rarely ever get upset over people having different opinions but...

999 was awful!? Are you serious?

Yes. The puzzles were for the most part jokingly easy yet the game -forcibly- holds your hand through them (to the point where one of the puzzles literally cannot be finished unless you inspect an item and get -help dialog-, which is insane). But most frustratingly was the fact you're playing Dumb Protagonist. There were -many- times in the game where you sniff an OBVIOUS mistake and are thinking "Wow, do/don't do that" and, welp, it bites you in the ass. The game treats you like an idiot.
#15S_T_O_N_E_Posted 2/22/2013 10:29:46 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nerdstick posted...
VLR would need to be a huge improvement on 999 to fulfill that, considering that 999 was awful. Silent Hill BOM is a bastardization of the series from devs that can't make a decent game. Katamari's Katamari..

Yes. The puzzles were for the most part jokingly easy yet the game -forcibly- holds your hand through them (to the point where one of the puzzles literally cannot be finished unless you inspect an item and get -help dialog-, which is insane). But most frustratingly was the fact you're playing Dumb Protagonist. There were -many- times in the game where you sniff an OBVIOUS mistake and are thinking "Wow, do/don't do that" and, welp, it bites you in the ass. The game treats you like an idiot.

wait what? i'm confused.. and silent hill BOM is ok. Not the best but it's ok if you like a hack and slash not as big as a middle finger to the face as DMC was.
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.
#16bad3ip420Posted 2/22/2013 11:54:56 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nerdstick posted...

The slight hiccups on the gameplay is not enough to call 999 an awful game. The story and character development alone more than makes up for what it lacks in the gameplay. Heck, the usage of the nonary game alone is so bloody brilliant. If you still think otherewise, then I guess you can't appreciate a great story.