Vita essential for PS4= E3 price drop to 149.99, Vita will be a PS4 add on

#21ikaruga0101Posted 2/26/2013 2:41:28 AM
Two price drops in such a short amount of time is just not realistic. Not saying it can't happen but the chances are very low. For two reasons: it'll anger buyers and it will look like sony is desperate, reducing the "perceived value" of the vita even further.

What I would love to see is a price drop for the memory cards. If they drop the card prices by 50%, then the total cost of a full equipped vita(console+32gb+case) would be very colse to $250, which is not bad at all.

As a PS4 must have accessory, just no. Considering that the only thing that they showed last week was the controller, I think they made clear that the vita will be an optional input method at the best.

PS:BTW, while I was proof reading my post, I just remembered that the price drop is only here in Japan. Too lazy to rewrite the whole post but, from an American point of view, I have no doubt that the during E3 the vita price will be cut to $199(I guess sony is waiting the yen to get parity with the dollar for maximum return. The yen is still too strong now, but slowly weakening and it's supposed to hit parity exactly by E3). Ideally, if we are lucky, there could be a price drop on the stupid cards as well.
#22j2zon2591Posted 2/26/2013 2:45:20 AM
Simple... make an OPTIONAL/DIFFERENT PS4+VITA official bundle.

(other than just PS4+GAME bundles or PS4 only)

More options, more power to the consumer. (Hell it's not like you're choosing between android smartphones)
#23blunderminePosted 2/26/2013 6:22:23 AM
GuitaristMatt posted...
blundermine posted...
I don't think Sony wants to get customers in the mindset that you need a Vita for the PS4. That might get people thinking the price of the PS4 is console + Vita. Even with a price drop to $150 for Vita, customers would see a $550 to $600 price tag on the PS4 which is just too much.

It worked for their 50" tv bundles

That's because people expected to pay $1500 for a 50" tv back then. People don't expect to pay $600 for a game console.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#24TerotrousPosted 2/26/2013 7:29:49 AM
Uh, it's not at all "essential" for PS4. It's completely optional.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#25halfelven23Posted 2/26/2013 7:37:28 AM
just cut that memory card price by 40% and it will sell more
#26vyseskiesPosted 2/26/2013 7:39:23 AM
Joeydollaz posted...
They will bite the bullet and make sure Vita sales go up using the PS4

So that means for PS4 + Vita you'll have to pay...

FIVE HUNDRED NINE NINE US DOLLARS

rofl.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#27TheExiled280Posted 2/26/2013 7:43:32 AM
halfelven23 posted...
just cut that memory card price by 40% and it will sell more

dear god, this
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#28darkphiresagePosted 2/26/2013 7:49:06 AM
fourgigman posted...
This is madness.

you guys let this slide for 25 posts without answering it correctly? i know it's old, but still.

i am disappoint.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#29Natureboy99Posted 2/26/2013 10:25:31 AM
I think a price cut to $199 seems most likely. A bundled PS4+Vita would be interesting, but ultimately cost prohibitive I think. It would be a $6-700 bundle. For PS4 I think we are looking at a SKU with just 1 controller and no games ($399), and a premium bundle with that plus Move controller, Camera, and Knack or Killzone or 'PS+ for one year' bundled in ($499).

In my dream world Sony partners with Oculus Rift and includes THAT in the premium SKU...
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel