Is the Vita selling poorly because of lack of backwards compatibility with PSP?

#1SolnotPosted 2/23/2013 7:48:23 PM
If it's true, then why is Sony making the same mistake again by not including backwards compatibility in the PS4? How much of a system seller do you guys think backwards compatibility is for the Vita?
#2SpotlessedenPosted 2/23/2013 7:49:07 PM
nobody buys psp games.
#3angmodurianPosted 2/23/2013 7:52:10 PM
YES it is in Japan region. Sony made a huge mistake of not including a backward compatibility even though it is JUST for Japan but that is the most dominant handheld market in the World.

Imagine there's a backward compatibility, more Japanese would have switched to Vita by now. They r discouraged by the fact that they need to go digital on their psp games on Vita since Japanese love the game box art and manual.
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan
#4Vorador84Posted 2/23/2013 7:54:13 PM
I probably would have picked up a Vita sooner had North America received some form of UMD transfer. I have a lot of games on UMD that I would love to have on my Vita but refuse to purchase them again off PSN.

Would also be more incentive for me to buy a larger memory card as well since 2 4Gb cards wouldn't even be close to holding them all.
#5ThamauturgePosted 2/23/2013 7:55:26 PM
It actually has the capabilities for full Backwards Compatibility. The PSP emulator it has is amazing. The only issue is that not every game is on the store...
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#6The_LimitPosted 2/23/2013 8:02:49 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
nobody buys psp games.

Wrong.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: DOA Paradise and DOA5+
Tina Armstrong <3 http://i.imgur.com/OIoyp4U.jpg
#7BruceLee1974Posted 2/23/2013 8:07:54 PM
Vorador84 posted...
I probably would have picked up a Vita sooner had North America received some form of UMD transfer. I have a lot of games on UMD that I would love to have on my Vita but refuse to purchase them again off PSN.

Would also be more incentive for me to buy a larger memory card as well since 2 4Gb cards wouldn't even be close to holding them all.

I wonder if SOny could add this ? Some sort of UMD transfer tool so everyone can backup their Original PSP games. But probably people will just go to Video shops and hire them out and copy them.

But I don't know of any Video shops that hire PSP games out so it still might be a good idea. Maybe if they could limit it to 1 copy per game some how, I'm not sure, but would make more people happier.
#8kamikaze135Posted 2/23/2013 8:18:15 PM
PS3 sold well enough so I doubt it.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#9angmodurianPosted 2/23/2013 8:23:18 PM(edited)
Actually Sony can just solve this problem easily by including a code for Digital copy once you purchase the UMD.

However, it depends on the mutual trust between the consumer and Sony. It can cause a huge problem when consumers start selling their digital copy lol.
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan
#10j2zon2591Posted 2/23/2013 8:53:31 PM
Solnot posted...
If it's true, then why is Sony making the same mistake again by not including backwards compatibility in the PS4? How much of a system seller do you guys think backwards compatibility is for the Vita?

After a year, I think most are past the no b/c due to having more VITA software.

B/C imo, is the most important during release window due to fewer new games on that system.

Sony loves destroying b/c because they will plan to milk you with their "Gaikai services" and "HD/Classics".

I bet this is gonna be the norm for non Nintendo stuff (IIRC, 3DS and Wii U are 1 full gen backwards (physical) compatible).

Maybe nintendo will follow suit next gen.