Is there really any game that could help Vita sales here in North America?

#11shmattaPosted 2/26/2013 9:18:05 PM
A unique, Vita only GTA would probably help some. But in reality the Vita is probably always going to be a bit of a niche system with relatively slow sales. It's got a hefty price tag and doesn't differ all that much from the Playstation home console experience. So why exactly would someone be compelled to buy one? Again, only that niche crowd for the most part.
#12trialxerrorPosted 2/26/2013 9:47:57 PM
Persona 5 Exclusive.
#13JulesNeciPosted 2/26/2013 9:54:39 PM
I honestly think a real Vita game will save the Vita.
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#14xfactorPosted 2/26/2013 10:18:00 PM
Nope, I don't see any.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#15VsinPosted 2/26/2013 10:28:25 PM
I dunno, Killzone stands a chance at it. Although after AC3L, I'm not holding my breath.

What the Vita needs more than anything else right now is a single, mass appeal title that doesn't suck. AC3L could've been it. Blops Declassified could've been it. Even Unit 13 could've been it. But for some reason, all our western exclusives end up either half-baked or half-assed and I have no real idea why. I mean, the Japanese stuff isn't exactly god-given (RO is merely ok, GR has some major issues, VLR is too niche, P4G/EDF2017 has the port stigma, etc) but at least very little of it is what you could call "Bad".

The next closest hope I have right now is Bioshock Vita. Which doesn't even technically exist.
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#16brycemorrPosted 2/26/2013 10:36:47 PM
Vsin posted...
I dunno, Killzone stands a chance at it. Although after AC3L, I'm not holding my breath.

What the Vita needs more than anything else right now is a single, mass appeal title that doesn't suck. AC3L could've been it. Blops Declassified could've been it. Even Unit 13 could've been it. But for some reason, all our western exclusives end up either half-baked or half-assed and I have no real idea why. I mean, the Japanese stuff isn't exactly god-given (RO is merely ok, GR has some major issues, VLR is too niche, P4G/EDF2017 has the port stigma, etc) but at least very little of it is what you could call "Bad".

The next closest hope I have right now is Bioshock Vita. Which doesn't even technically exist.

Bioshock Vita just needs to get money thrown towards apperently thats high up on Bioshocs devs list. Priority number 1. From what was said on IGN that once Sony and Activision I believe give the devs money to make it it wont take long to get it out as most of the work was done while Infinite was made.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#17NovaCastPosted 2/26/2013 10:47:03 PM(edited)
Safros93 posted...
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Stories.

Why do people still fancy GTA? I seriously got over that a couple of years after i turned teenager.

Besides i know most people steer away from the main objective in these games and just go around shoot random people, steal cars etc..

GTA games basically kill any brain cells people might still have.
I only played the early GTA games in the early 2000's though, so i never played online like the newer games offer, so maybe its a bit different.
---
#18redmarthPosted 2/26/2013 10:47:49 PM
NovaCast posted...
Safros93 posted...
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Stories.

Why do people still fancy GTA? i seriously got over that a couple of years after i turned teenager.

Besides i know most people steer away from the main objective in these games and just go around shoot random people, steal cars etc..

GTA games basically kill any brain cells people might still have.

Its a fun, mindless sandbox game that is easy on the mind. Its kind of like Minecraft. Games like this are perfect after a long day. I don't personally play these particular games but I do have some games that give a similar feeling so I can see why some people could like these types of games.
#19-Damien-Posted 2/26/2013 11:03:55 PM
Souls Sacrifice
#20DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/26/2013 11:29:44 PM
Solnot posted...
We've seen four big franchises come to the Vita (Resistance: Burning Skies, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified, and Uncharted), but these games did little to help the sales for the Vita. I love the Vita but I don't think any game could help the sales for it. Even the Cross Buy feature really isn't helping the Vita's sales. Sure, a lot of RPGs would do well for the Vita in Japan, but a lot of titles are niche titles that really only do well in Japan. I think the only thing left for Sony to do is drop the price of the Vita and memory cards as I don't see any game really helping the Vita out of its sales slump.

Final Fantasy VII HD Remake, Crash 4 from Naughty Dog, COD Modern Warfare 4 with cross play and saves to allow those who spend 12 hours a day on it, the ability to level up on the bus, loo or other. And other such unlikely games.

I fear this is the first time I've bought a dud of a system, while I love my Vita and have a lot to play on it, I reckon if Sony don't do something at this E3, then it won't make next E3..