Is there really any game that could help Vita sales here in North America?

#31FaustXIIPosted 2/27/2013 1:02:50 AM
Type-0?
#32KotomineKireiPosted 2/27/2013 2:46:33 AM
Solnot posted...
We've seen four big franchises come to the Vita (Resistance: Burning Skies, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified, and Uncharted), but these games did little to help the sales for the Vita. I love the Vita but I don't think any game could help the sales for it. Even the Cross Buy feature really isn't helping the Vita's sales. Sure, a lot of RPGs would do well for the Vita in Japan, but a lot of titles are niche titles that really only do well in Japan. I think the only thing left for Sony to do is drop the price of the Vita and memory cards as I don't see any game really helping the Vita out of its sales slump.

The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Mass Effect
____ Souls(e.g. Dark Souls)
Great games with good advertisement and no console equivalent
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#33R_ChampPosted 2/27/2013 2:51:54 AM
KotomineKirei posted...
Solnot posted...
We've seen four big franchises come to the Vita (Resistance: Burning Skies, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified, and Uncharted), but these games did little to help the sales for the Vita. I love the Vita but I don't think any game could help the sales for it. Even the Cross Buy feature really isn't helping the Vita's sales. Sure, a lot of RPGs would do well for the Vita in Japan, but a lot of titles are niche titles that really only do well in Japan. I think the only thing left for Sony to do is drop the price of the Vita and memory cards as I don't see any game really helping the Vita out of its sales slump.

The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Mass Effect
____ Souls(e.g. Dark Souls)
Great games with good advertisement and no console equivalent

I agree these types of games could do it. But the problem is Vita can't get the support to get these types of games. There is ALWAYS a better console equivalent or it's a game that just isn't a big system seller.
#34badboyPosted 2/27/2013 4:02:12 AM
Definitely GTA.
#35LvthnPosted 2/27/2013 4:18:38 AM
GTA is always popular
Solid Castlevania entries never hurt
any top shelf RPG especially if it's exclusive

I also think pushing remote play more would help. I heard it's supposed to be enabled on all games at some point? When? That would be a huge selling point, especially if it took full advantage of the Vita's resolution. It would essentially mean you could play any console game remotely and have your saves synched up. That's...like a dream come true. Do THAT.
#36placebobshPosted 2/27/2013 4:21:34 AM
I have a Vita and am just shocked nothing huge has come for it. Black Ops declassified sucked so much. LittleBigPlanet was amazing and a great game but so short and with the online of just messing around, didn't leave much to the game. PS All Stars battle Royale gets old fast. I'm getting MLB 13 The Show as baseball is always fun but overall, Vita needs a HUGE title. Maybe a GTA V spin off.
#37BlestsolPosted 2/27/2013 8:25:39 AM
Ff7 hd
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#38medmusclePosted 2/27/2013 8:38:15 AM
Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0 Type-0

also.........

a GTA game

God of War

remakes of FF5 and FF6 since they are the most in need and in turn for remakes

it wouldn't hurt to have an Elder Scrolls game and a Mass Effect game either for western fans

lower memory card prices (the hardware price is justified though)
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#39the_blood_wolfPosted 2/27/2013 11:23:50 AM
I think they need to just make a game from our pasts since everybody got into gaming from something when they were younger or just stuck out to them. Like NIS is making a Disgaea game that continues after the very first game and adds more depth plus adds in segments from all the other Disgaea games after it so it's like an all in one package and flash back memory and it's a complete all new game so it's win win.

http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/DisgaeaD2_Press_Release_20130221pb.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azb1dVheZE

Figure something like that would be good, since looking at Nintendo games through the year what are they? Usually the same thing Mario, Zelda, Samus, Donkey Kong. Just the old characters in a new story and then a "flashback" game of what we started on in just HD graphics and what not but true to the roots that made them popular. Something like that for Sony would be the best bet, old/popular character in an old set up of when we first liked them with additions to it but true to the roots.
---
PSN: the_blood_wolf feel free to add me.