Info on Vita PSN sales/price drops? (Hots Shots Golf: World Invitatonal)

#1Cecil255Posted 2/27/2013 8:58:40 AM(edited)
I've played the demo of HSG:WI many, many times now and am sold on buying it. I prefer a digital copy.

I think the price has dropped sometime in the last month on the Vita's PSN, I'm pretty sure it was ~$34.99 and right now it's $25.19. But how can I know if this is permanent or temporary?

Is there a way to know, via Sony or some other website that tracks price drops or PSN sales? Hard to tell from the Vita PSN Store.
#2MeganTheMooCowPosted 2/27/2013 8:57:07 AM
There's just a big sale on a lot of games on PSN right now. XSeed said that the games on sale from them end on March 4th, but that might not be true for all games.
#3BahamutBBobPosted 2/27/2013 8:57:16 AM
There is a Vita anniversary sale on PSN right now, that's where most of the discounts on Vita games is from at the moment.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#4DrROBschizPosted 2/27/2013 9:02:27 AM
You can find a physical copy of the game for dirt cheap too man

Honestly do some shopping around people

Its so easy on the internet

May i recommend slickdeals.net?

Just type Vita into the search bar and BAM!

Savings!
#5gldooriiPosted 2/27/2013 9:16:37 AM(edited)
With shipping it comes out to $15.xx, but when I added 3 games to the cart the shipping was free.

http://store.sony.com/c/S_Save_PSVita_Games/en/c/S_Save_PSVita_Games

Wipeout 2048
Little Deviants
Hot Shots Golf
Modnation Racers
Reality Fighters

all $9.97 each.

---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#6DrROBschizPosted 2/27/2013 9:15:57 AM
gldoorii posted...
With shipping it comes out to $15.xx, but when I added 3 games to the cart the shipping was free.

Wow

Sick deals are all over the place right now for Vita both Physically and Digitally

Best time to own the system IMHO
#7Cecil255(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:33:07 AM
Thanks for the info, everyone! I think I will just get it tonight via PSN at the price it's at right now. I'm pretty sure it has dropped for one reason or another, just wish there was a more concrete way to see price drops as they happen.

Hopefully it doesn't go on a crazy sale soon. :)

DrROBschiz posted...

Like I said, I prefer digital. Less clutter and more likely that in the event the next Sony handheld isn't backwards compatible I'll still be able to play it.
#8GhetsisPosted 2/27/2013 9:39:15 AM
Cecil255 posted...
Thanks for the info, everyone! I think I will just get it tonight via PSN at the price it's at right now. I'm pretty sure it has dropped for one reason or another, just wish there was a more concrete way to see price drops as they happen.

Hopefully it doesn't go on a crazy sale soon. :)

DrROBschiz posted...

Like I said, I prefer digital. Less clutter and more likely that in the event the next Sony handheld isn't backwards compatible I'll still be able to play it.

You mean like how the PS4 is able to play digital PS3 games? Wait...
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9triple_leiPosted 2/27/2013 9:59:27 AM
gldoorii posted...

Wipeout 2048
Little Deviants
Hot Shots Golf
Modnation Racers
Reality Fighters

all $9.97 each.

Just bought WipEout 2048, Little Deviants, and Hot Shots Golf. Thanks ~
#10triple_leiPosted 2/27/2013 10:13:21 AM(edited)
Cecil255 posted...

I agreed with you, but Sony has shown they could somehow botch digital backwards compatibility (PSP -> Vita, PS1 -> Vita, and now PS3 -> PS4), so I did a complete 180. I'm even rebuying WipEout 2048 because of this. And I'll need all the space I can get for DLC any free PS+ offerings.

EDIT: And let's not forget the demonstrably faster loading times for the physical versions. I look forward to making a vid of WipEout 2048's loading now that all the patches have been released.