Got the Vita from Thanksgiving Amazon Bundle... did PS+ f***ing auto renew?

#1Sticky_DerpPosted 2/28/2013 4:55:14 PM
I thought the three month free trial, given through 3 1-month codes, was just a trial. Now I think it charged itself for another 3 months without ever mentioning that it would charge automatically...
What the f*** is that s***?

I'll grant you it was one of my parent's CCs that was charged and I haven't heard anything about weird 18 dollar charges [since it supposedly happened 4 days ago]...
but it says it added 18 bucks to the wallet.

If true, total f***ing dealbreaker, will never get PS+ again, f***ing scammy piece of s***.

Basically, were the trial codes supposed to set it to auto-renew after the duration of the 3 months?

And if so, did it say that anywhere?

---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#2TheExiled280Posted 2/28/2013 4:58:44 PM
*sigh*

As soon as you set up the service, it says it's gonna auto renew and take money out monthly unless you maneully disable it.... Just like most subs I've used

Blaming someone else for self error: typical GameFAQ
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#3Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 5:00:05 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
*sigh*

As soon as you set up the service, it says it's gonna auto renew and take money out monthly unless you maneully disable it.... Just like most subs I've used

Blaming someone else for self error: typical GameFAQ

Where did it say that? All I had to do was enter a code, my friend. I didn't "set anything up." And I don't remember it saying that. Got any proof?

Horrible grammar, completely self centered, and trolling manner: typical ass poster.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 2/28/2013 5:00:44 PM
Yes, I believe it automatically renews at different intervals depending on if you purchased a three month, six month or year subscription. I think an option exists on the PSN to disable the auto renewal feature in the future.
---
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty Little Ball Of Fur. Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty Purr Purr Purr. 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5silverbulltPosted 2/28/2013 5:01:09 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
I thought the three month free trial, given through 3 1-month codes, was just a trial. Now I think it charged itself for another 3 months without ever mentioning that it would charge automatically...
What the f*** is that s***?

I'll grant you it was one of my parent's CCs that was charged and I haven't heard anything about weird 18 dollar charges [since it supposedly happened 4 days ago]...
but it says it added 18 bucks to the wallet.

If true, total f***ing dealbreaker, will never get PS+ again, f***ing scammy piece of s***.

Basically, were the trial codes supposed to set it to auto-renew after the duration of the 3 months?

And if so, did it say that anywhere?

Why do you think they asked you for a CC even though you were on a TRIAL sub?
ALL subs in this manner are set to auto-renew and it's your job to (after setting it up) go right back and hit the cancel auto-renewal button.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Wii U - SOLD
#6Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 5:02:39 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Yes, I believe it automatically renews at different intervals depending on if you purchased a three month, six month or year subscription. I think an option exists on the PSN to disable the auto renewal feature in the future.

I didn't purchase anything. I got 3 codes for 1 month each out of a 3 month trial. I was fairly certain entering all 3 would cover that trial. It never mentioned anything about auto-renewing, as I recall.

Did anyone actually go through the same process, with the... Black Friday, I guess, bundle [my bad about saying thanksgiving]?

You don't seem to be drawing from the same experiences so I can't give full credence to your answers being applicable in my situation.
---
#7Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 5:03:57 PM
silverbullt posted...
ALL subs in this manner are set to auto-renew and it's your job to (after setting it up) go right back and hit the cancel auto-renewal button.

But I don't recall it ever saying that, else I would have done it immediately.
Nor did it tell me where I would have to go to do that.

So I guess it is just a f***ing scam. F***ing PS+. Might have to skip out on the PS4, or at best get one used.
---
#8TheExiled280Posted 2/28/2013 5:05:12 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
silverbullt posted...

So I guess it is just a f***ing scam. F***ing PS+. Might have to skip out on the PS4, or at best get one used.

I have 2 subs with PSN. PS+ & Music Unlimited Unlimited. When signing up for both, it says that it's turning auto renew on
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#9silverbulltPosted 2/28/2013 5:06:17 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
silverbullt posted...

You can always tell your parents to do a charge back if you feel it's a matter of principles.
You can kiss good by to your online ability with that account though if you choose to go that route.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Wii U - SOLD
#10TheExiled280Posted 2/28/2013 5:06:50 PM
Also just because you don't "recall" something doesn't mean it didn't happen. I don't remember what I ate for lunch last Monday. Doesn't mean I starved
---