I'm selling my 3DS for a Vita

#11Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 4:59:51 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Linkin-Park_ posted...
540p = HD? Lol.

Considering the size of the screen, yes it does = HD. Even if they made it 1080p, there wouldn't be much of a difference.

I have no response to this that doesn't make me come off as a snarky ass. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You'll have to elaborate.

Smaller screen = sharper image, yes? Because of that, even at 540p, it looks HD on a smaller screen. Make sense?
---
Currently Playing: Silent Hill, FE: Awakening, Megaman 2 (NES), Gunman Clive, and some GBA games.
#12Megaman OmegaPosted 3/2/2013 4:59:55 AM
Considering the size of the screen, yes it does = HD. Even if they made it 1080p, there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Completely wrong. HD or not has nothing to do with screen size, and neither does wether or not the difference is noticeable. If you look at a 50" screen from 5 meters or a 5" screen from a half a meter doesn't make a difference concerning how much of your field of vision is covered by the screen so the resolution plays the same role in both situations.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#13Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 5:01:56 AM
Megaman Omega posted...

Completely wrong. HD or not has nothing to do with screen size, and neither does wether or not the difference is noticeable. If you look at a 50" screen from 5 meters or a 5" screen from a half a meter doesn't make a difference concerning how much of your field of vision is covered by the screen so the resolution plays the same role in both situations.

How is that completely wrong? Screen size definitely has something to do with how sharp the image is. Get out of my topic.
---
Currently Playing: Silent Hill, FE: Awakening, Megaman 2 (NES), Gunman Clive, and some GBA games.
#14Shadowfxd2Posted 3/2/2013 5:07:18 AM
Megaman Omega posted...

How is that completely wrong? Screen size definitely has something to do with how sharp the image is. Get out of my topic.

HD is 720p + regardless of screen size. My 4.65 inch phone can do HD, yet the Vita is 540p... You're just going to have to deal with it, Vita is not HD!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#15Azure_lKitePosted 3/2/2013 5:37:25 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

High definition video is 1280x720 and above, no less.

Considering the size and the Vita's resolution, the pixel density is obviously way higher than my 1920x1080 TV, but it's still not HD.

Not trying to be an ass, the Vita screen does look pretty nice. And sharp.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#16GloryChaosPosted 3/2/2013 6:09:15 AM
Smaller screen = sharper image, yes?

So far so good, yes.

Because of that, even at 540p, it looks HD on a smaller screen. Make sense?

No. It looks great. But as already stated, that's not real HD. It's fine if you like the way it looks. But this reasoning makes no sense because I can call the 3ds an HD system in comparison to playing the SNES on a 36 inch tv.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#17Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 6:20:04 AM
So if it's not HD, then why is there a MGS HD Collection?

And even if it isn't HD, making it HD on a screen as small as the Vita's wouldn't look much better.
---
#18LitCandlezPosted 3/2/2013 6:25:27 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
So if it's not HD, then why is there a MGS HD Collection?

And even if it isn't HD, making it HD on a screen as small as the Vita's wouldn't look much better.

It's actually qHD (Google it)

It may not be HD but the picture is sharp and the Vita has an OLED screen with nice colors. I'm pretty sure it also has more pixel density.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#19Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 6:29:39 AM
Meh. Even if it's not HD, still the best visuals on a dedicated gaming handheld I've ever seen.
---
#20GloryChaosPosted 3/2/2013 6:35:07 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Meh. Even if it's not HD, still the best visuals on a dedicated gaming handheld I've ever seen.

http://shield.nvidia.com/

But otherwise, yes you're correct. And Project Shield isn't really noteworthy right now.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666