Vita has 7 games releasing in NA in the next 7 months, and nothing after them.

#1SalsaSavantPosted 3/2/2013 3:09:01 PM
Meanwhile, the Vita's main competition, the 3DS, has 10 games coming out in the next month, and many more lined up after that.

Similarly, EU only has 4 games lined up in the next 3 months and nothing after it, while the 3DS 9 games in the next month.

This bodes ill for the Vita. What do you think is making developers flock to the 3DS while ignoring the Vita? And why do you think so few Japanese games are coming over? It's got a pretty good selection coming up in JP.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#2RyuuHou25Posted 3/2/2013 3:14:55 PM
And roughly 3/4 of the upcoming 3DS games are throw away mini games or what not.

Even the SMT game Soul Hackers looks like absolute crap IMO.

Vita sales have to pick up before more developers will start to support it, which of course means better games have to come out and memory card prices have to drop, which.....yeah, it's a paradoxical circle basically.

IF FFX HD comes out this year (that's a BIG if) that could very well become a system seller.

PS4 is integrating Vita however, so Sony clearly isn't going to let the thing die.....it's just a matter of waiting and seeing what in the hell they're going to try and actually do with it.

If nothing else though, it's doing better in Japan due to price cut and some popular games like Senran Kagura coming out on it.

For now, we will likely have to be complacent with what's coming out, and importing some games.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Lord_VishanaPosted 3/2/2013 3:14:57 PM
Are you using Gamefaqs as your source for upcoming game releases? If so, I suggest finding a more accurate source. There are more than 7 games scheduled for release in North America for the Vita. Remember we're in March more localizations and unannounced games will be revealed for both systems.
---
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty Little Ball Of Fur. Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty Purr Purr Purr. 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 3/2/2013 3:17:22 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
And roughly 3/4 of the upcoming 3DS games are throw away mini games or what not.

Not sure if serious...
---
Soft Kitty Warm Kitty Little Ball Of Fur. Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty Purr Purr Purr. 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:53:38 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Are you using Gamefaqs as your source for upcoming game releases? If so, I suggest finding a more accurate source. There are more than 7 games scheduled for release in North America for the Vita. Remember we're in March more localizations and unannounced games will be revealed for both systems.

Yes, but still, the announcement schedule isn't looking good at all. A few more games might help it, but not enough.

Also, there are only 4 games without release dates but dated "Fall." So that does help. But that's 11 games in the next 7 months, which is still subpar, even if a few new games make their way into that time period.

Hate to say it, but unless these games are REALLY good, Vita is in hot water in NA.

Also...
Lord_Vishana posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Not sure if serious...

---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#6ThamauturgePosted 3/2/2013 4:00:55 PM
How exactly would FFX HD be a system seller? Not only is it NOT exclusive to the Vita, its a port of a 10 year old game.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#7RotuhiiriPosted 3/2/2013 4:12:26 PM
There are three games out next week and Gamefaqs lists one of them. I'd be willing to bet money that there is at least one game per week on average until fall and that doesn't even include PS Mobile. Don't get so hung up on numbers.

What should be more worrying is the lack of killer apps and exclusives during this period. The fall looks decent but the big games are pretty much non-existent until then. There will be plenty of games before fall, many good ones too but no real "console experiences" or exclusives that you need a Vita for.

7 games is both irrelevant and incorrect. Only one big exclusive (Soul Sacrifice) and very few retail games, that's more worrying. This is sadly both relevant and correct. Soul Sacrifice isn't even a "big" exclusive unless it gets good reviews for that matter.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#8DalekZeroPosted 3/2/2013 4:23:28 PM
7 games WITH A RELEASE DATE. Not 7 games period. A TBA game isn't dead.......bioshock vita excepting.
---
How do you make holy water?
You boil the hell out of it.
#9RyuuHou25Posted 3/2/2013 4:27:53 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Not sure if serious...

I'm just going off Gfaqs upcoming, but here goes -

Castlevania - Good
Naruto - Chibi Fighting, could be good
Kersploosh - .......yeah, crap
Jewel Master - ......ooooo, my excitement is through the roof! *sarcasm*
Monster Hunter 3 - Good
The Croods - Pfffft
Luigis Mansion - Personally hated the first one, but others could love it. That's...4.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Uh....yeah.....
HarmoKnight - craptastical looking platformer.....yeah....
Super Black Bass 3D - Uh....it's fishing....yeah
Dillons Rolling Western - ........WTF?
Soul Hackers - Dumbed down horrible looking gameplay.....people find that fun?
LEGO City! - It's.....a lego game!!!
Animal Crossing - Oh goody
Turbo Super Stunt Squad! - Anything with squad in the title, avoid
Young Justice Legacy - DC Diablo clone thingy based off a boring ass cartoon

So yeah, like I said, 3/4 of it, pretty much throw away titles that likely will not sell overly well. There are people that will buy them, love them, that's great....general mass appeal? Not so much.

So, I'm quite serious.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10RyuuHou25Posted 3/2/2013 4:29:21 PM
Thamauturge posted...
How exactly would FFX HD be a system seller? Not only is it NOT exclusive to the Vita, its a port of a 10 year old game.

Same could be said about Persona 4 and that's most definitely a system seller.
---