I've never understood people's problem with ports on handhelds.

#1melchiahdimPosted 3/2/2013 6:46:41 PM
I've seen alot of complaints both here and on the 3DS board. Sure I love original games as much as anyone, but if an old game is good enough I always like having it available on a handheld. Also, just because a game is on other systems doesn't mean everyone has played it. I've talked to plenty of people who had never played ocarina of time, and I personally never played Persona 4 previously.

The biggest thing is, original games take time to make. So every console needs something to provide content for people to play. Which is why all consoles seem to get the most ports during the first year or so.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#2IhavealotofspacPosted 3/2/2013 6:54:17 PM
ports themselves aren't a problem for any platform, until the vast majority of its library are ports
#3YarottPosted 3/2/2013 6:58:17 PM
Ihavealotofspac posted...
ports themselves aren't a problem for any platform, until the vast majority of its library are ports

And that's not a problem either!... unless the ENTIRETY of it's library is solely composed of game ports. And that's not the case in both sides.
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#4darkphiresagePosted 3/2/2013 6:58:33 PM
People only have a problem with ports when they're trolling, or when it's a port of something they don't wanna play. Not worth paying any attention to TC. 95% of the people b******* about ports would s*** a brick if their all time favorite console game was ported to their handheld.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#5FuhrmaniaPosted 3/2/2013 7:24:29 PM
Ports or no ports, good games are all I care about.
#6kyncaniPosted 3/2/2013 7:26:17 PM
Almost all the games I play are either multiplatforms, sequels, ports or spin offs, and I play on handheld, home console and PC.
Exclusive original IPs are very rare, and sometime the first version of an IP lacks some sort of polish I think.
#7HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 3/2/2013 7:36:19 PM
I rather have a port of a great game than a sloppy new IP.
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#8j2zon2591Posted 3/2/2013 7:42:41 PM
Not really a problem, just don't expect a lot of people to flock over it (the whole point; it needs to sell a lot) because the market share is bigger or even better on the PC/PS3/360/Wii/3DS..

PC/PS3/360 experiences also are likely to have come out early, cheaper and a superior experience..

It's not like they're porting the heaviest hitters too. If they ported/content enhance ported GTA 4/5, GoW 3, FFXIII, ME3, DA, UC3, Crysis, COD:BO2, etc.. then that would be positively nuts for the VITA..

I feel like P4G and MGS are the only software that are near those caliber.

Well, the market has spoken hence the VITA's sales.. (Hope the increasing sales due to price drop is sustained.. but I doubt it).
#9TheExiled280Posted 3/2/2013 7:49:23 PM
People only have a problem with ports when they're trolling, or when it's a port of something they don't wanna play. Not worth paying any attention to TC. 95% of the people b******* about ports would s*** a brick if their all time favorite console game was ported to their handheld.

THIS
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#10DemonDog666Posted 3/2/2013 7:51:22 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
Not really a problem, just don't expect a lot of people to flock over it (the whole point; it needs to sell a lot) because the market share is bigger or even better on the PC/PS3/360/Wii/3DS..

PC/PS3/360 experiences also are likely to have come out early, cheaper and a superior experience..

It's not like they're porting the heaviest hitters too. If they ported/content enhance ported GTA 4/5, GoW 3, FFXIII, ME3, DA, UC3, Crysis, COD:BO2, etc.. then that would be positively nuts for the VITA..

I feel like P4G and MGS are the only software that are near those caliber.

Well, the market has spoken hence the VITA's sales.. (Hope the increasing sales due to price drop is sustained.. but I doubt it).

Have of those games suck.