I've never understood people's problem with ports on handhelds.

#11TheExiled280Posted 3/2/2013 7:54:33 PM
Ports or no ports, good games are all I care about.

Also this
---
God Eater 2 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/KKm_TC53Cvs
#12dj___rollPosted 3/3/2013 12:34:24 AM
Quote:j2zon2591 posted...
Not really a problem, just don't expect a lot of people to flock over it (the whole point; it needs to sell a lot) because the market share is bigger or even better on the PC/PS3/360/Wii/3DS..

PC/PS3/360 experiences also are likely to have come out early, cheaper and a superior experience..

It's not like they're porting the heaviest hitters too. If they ported/content enhance ported GTA 4/5, GoW 3, FFXIII, ME3, DA, UC3, Crysis, COD:BO2, etc.. then that would be positively nuts for the VITA..

I feel like P4G and MGS are the only software that are near those caliber.

Well, the market has spoken hence the VITA's sales.. (Hope the increasing sales due to price drop is sustained.. but I doubt it).

Have of those games suck.

@DemonDog666

Not as much as your grasp of the English language.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#13TinyTim123Posted 3/3/2013 1:07:03 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
Not really a problem, just don't expect a lot of people to flock over it (the whole point; it needs to sell a lot) because the market share is bigger or even better on the PC/PS3/360/Wii/3DS..

PC/PS3/360 experiences also are likely to have come out early, cheaper and a superior experience..

It's not like they're porting the heaviest hitters too. If they ported/content enhance ported GTA 4/5, GoW 3, FFXIII, ME3, DA, UC3, Crysis, COD:BO2, etc.. then that would be positively nuts for the VITA..

Well, the market has spoken hence the VITA's sales.. (Hope the increasing sales due to price drop is sustained.. but I doubt it).

I don't care for any of those games (except I can't figure out what DA is...), but I know others would, and that's what I want. With a bigger install base, devs will be encouraged to come over and hopefully make the kinds of games I do like.
Add to the fact I have way more time to play any portable system, over a home console, I will gladly take ports. I'm sorry I don't have the multitude of free hours at home like the people who cry out against ports do. If I had the luxury of being able to sit in front of my TV and play a console game for hours at a time multiple days a week, I probably wouldn't want ports. Alas, I am busy, and even when I have down time, that time isn't near my TV or XBox360 nearly as much as it probably is for others.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#14monkeyspoonPosted 3/3/2013 1:07:09 AM
I don't understand why some people hate ports on vita. I think they are great. Especially if they have cross saves or cross buy.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. That's when the next gen really starts.
#15badboyPosted 3/3/2013 1:39:20 AM(edited)
I never buy ports of games I already have, even if there are some new features. But I do buy remakes of the games that I like.

I am not against ports, because they can be good for those who didn't own the original games.
#16Fr33zPosted 3/3/2013 1:57:08 AM
People just hate ports because they believe that instead of spending time porting a game to a system ala Vita/3DS they can be working on a whole new game for the system. In reality though most ports are outsourced and usually have no effect on new games being developed for the actual system.

I.E OoT 3D was outsourced to Grezzo yet everyone kept saying why are they doing that when they could be working on a new 3DS Zelda even though the Zelda team was already doing so.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#17j2zon2591Posted 3/3/2013 2:09:20 AM
TinyTim123 posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

I don't care for any of those games (except I can't figure out what DA is...), but I know others would, and that's what I want. With a bigger install base, devs will be encouraged to come over and hopefully make the kinds of games I do like.
Add to the fact I have way more time to play any portable system, over a home console, I will gladly take ports. I'm sorry I don't have the multitude of free hours at home like the people who cry out against ports do. If I had the luxury of being able to sit in front of my TV and play a console game for hours at a time multiple days a week, I probably wouldn't want ports. Alas, I am busy, and even when I have down time, that time isn't near my TV or XBox360 nearly as much as it probably is for others.

I'm glad you got the point... I personally could care less GTA, FFXIII, GTA, etc.. but I know some like em.. I'm just throwing around some heavier hits..

DA is Dragon Age..

Might as well throw in Elder Scrolls. Fallout, bahh basically those franchises doing very good on consoles.. a full to the VITA translation (heck they can do PSP graphics but if they keep 100% mechanics I'm sure there'll be a lot more appreciation).
#18FindmeElseweyrPosted 3/3/2013 2:16:15 AM
In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with ports.

If a game is good enough to be bumped to a next gen console, so be it. It's literally the oldest tactic in the trolling handbook; and it's very effective because people get worked and insulted when you refer to their favorite game as "just a port".

A good amount of the time, a port will be the first time that person has ever experienced said game, having not owned the original, or not being able to find the original (rare games are becoming an issue even in this day and age). You also have to take into consideration people's changing tastes, and how people who may have missed a genre during a certain generation due to not liking it at the time, suddenly finding themselves enamored with it (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is a good example) and the game taking off in popularity.

Oh, and since no one even bothers to read my posts unless i'm being offensive: Persona 4 is still terrible.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#19Bob the AlmightyPosted 3/3/2013 3:04:59 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
It's not like they're porting the heaviest hitters too. If they ported/content enhance ported GTA 4/5, GoW 3, FFXIII, ME3, DA, UC3, Crysis, COD:BO2, etc.. then that would be positively nuts for the VITA...

Yeah I agree. I bought my Vita in the hopes of getting PlayStation-eccentric franchises released on it... Obviously Sony's first party (Uncharted, inFamous, God of War, Killzone, and so on) but I was hoping of seeing a lot of popular third-party stuff like Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Resident Evil, Bioshock, and Mortal Kombat. You know the types of games that usually sell well on the PS2 and PS3...

Granted some of the games have come (like Mortal Kombat) but not near enough. And honestly I wish more of those "HD Collections" would come out on Vita. I don't know why Metal Gear Solid is the only one.

Even though the Vita hasn't lived up to my expectations it still had a very good first-year in terms of software (mostly do to its incredible launch line-up) so I can't be too mad. My Vita was never going to replace my PS3 anyway (nor will it a suitable PS4 replacement either) so it's all good.

What really confuses me though is why Sony can't even get iOS and Android hand-me-downs on the Vita... The Dead Space mobile game and Mass Effect: Infiltrator are outstanding games (given the fact that they are on smart phones I mean). They would be so much better with actual buttons and analog sticks. :/
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#20Shadowfxd2Posted 3/3/2013 3:07:52 AM
I rather have a port of a great game than a sloppy new IP.

like Gravity Rush?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg