Sony predicts a 10-year life cycle for the Vita

#21siberian142Posted 3/2/2013 10:44:10 PM
blohangel posted...
I don't see why they'd give up on a machine they've invested so much in, financially anyway.
It's great hardware, I can't wait until it starts picking up.

Yeah, I don't see why they would or why people would expect them to stop supporting it either. Reduce the price and get some (highly rated) system sellers on it and it'll be fine. It is a good system, fix these problems and it'll be a great system.
#22BruceLee1974Posted 3/3/2013 4:00:43 AM
Ahh so that's why they are pacing themselves and not releasing so many games at once :)

Hopefully though they use the same strategy like in japan and see we first need a price drop World wide and then bring a tonne of games world wide .
#23HasquarlPosted 3/3/2013 4:38:48 AM
Thamauturge posted...
So they are planning a ten year cycle for the Vita when the PSP only got a 6 year one?

The PSP has been out for nearly 8 years now, and is still being sold around the world with strong software support in Japan. The PSP isn't going to disappear any time soon. Also, poorer parts of the world don't have access to the latest technologies and still rely on last gen consoles. In fact, the PSP is HUGE in India at the moment, and producing hardware for these areas is still part of Sony's 10-year plan.