Why did you guys buy a PlayStation Vita?

#31adrian677Posted 3/2/2013 10:57:11 PM
kingofall214 posted...
Because it is better than the competition IMO.

On the hardware side, Vita reigns supreme. As far as software is concerned, Vita is way, way behind. 3DS just got Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey. Luigi's Mansion is out later this month. Been a while since Vita had a major release that was well received and a commercial success.
---
Final Fantasy XI - Alexander: Reaperz, 30 War/14 Mnk/8 Thf/12 Drk. Apprentice in Culinary Skill (38).
#32tack129Posted 3/2/2013 11:03:19 PM(edited)
- I'm an Uncharted fan so seeing Uncharted on there was a plus for me.
- Dual analog sticks is a big thing for me.
- Better graphics
- Hardware is very good

I'm currently looking forward to Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenary (I just hope that the game is good and not bad like with CoD or Resistance)
I was also pleased with what PS+ introduced to me. I got free games with the platform to try out and I wasn't let down in the slightest.
I'm on the fence with P4G but it's mainly because I don't usually play JRPGs.
---
PSN: tack129
#33kingofall214Posted 3/2/2013 11:02:50 PM
adrian677 posted...
kingofall214 posted...

On the hardware side, Vita reigns supreme. As far as software is concerned, Vita is way, way behind. 3DS just got Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey. Luigi's Mansion is out later this month. Been a while since Vita had a major release that was well received and a commercial success.

It depends on the persons interest. For me I never heard of 2 of those games. I have however heard of and enjoyed games such as Uncharted,Wipeout,R:BS (I know a lot of people didn't like it but I did) P4G,Ragnarok Odyssey, Disgaei 3, and more. Software is all opinion.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#34wordlife13Posted 3/2/2013 11:06:44 PM
Well when it first came out I was impressed with the specs and the system itself but I thought I'd wait a while and I got the Assassin's Creed bundle when it came out because I realized I wanted over half of the Vita's physical library. Also because when you become an adult and/or have a job, you realize very quickly that $250 is not a lot of money.
---
Kobe couldn't have done it if he was on the Cavs for 7 years either.
#35FindmeElseweyrPosted 3/2/2013 11:09:01 PM
Dragon's Crown (which is now(((always was??)) heading to the PS3, meaning I'll get it for the PS3 due to co-op)
Disgaea 3 (already beat it on the PS3 but its 2good)
Ragnarok Odyssey

I was hoping there'd be a repeat of the PSP/DS generation, where you had so many good RPG's it'd take you 3 lifetimes to complete them all to satisfaction. 3DS is finally starting to deliver on that front, but come on Vita. Step yo game up.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#36j2zon2591Posted 3/2/2013 11:24:52 PM
It was on sale,

I had a PSP and enjoyed it,

the new Project Diva was in it (I was very interested b4, now not so much).
#37RyuuHou25Posted 3/2/2013 11:27:06 PM
Persona 4 Golden

And then other games that I got interested in, but P4G made me buy it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#38aryanbrarPosted 3/2/2013 11:54:56 PM
fourgigman posted...
Wipeout 2048, and its still kicking my ass.

lulz hard game is hard. keep trying you'll platinum it
#39nedrithPosted 3/3/2013 12:07:31 AM
adrian677 posted...
kingofall214 posted...

IMO that's in the eye of the beholder. I'm not a huge fan of Fire Emblem for example. Soul sacrifice will last me a lot longer than Luigi's mansion along with a lot of the other Vita games. For a system that's only been out for a year vs a system that's been out for 2 years I would say the Vita's software is very, very respectable.

Overall I can't stand the 3DS's 3d. I don't mind 3D in fact I have a 3D laptop, a 3D monitor for my desktop and I would expect my next TV to be 3D capable. however the Glasses Free 3d just sucks for a moving object such as a handheld. In theory it's a good idea but I move around too much.

That coupled with having to pay for 3ds games vs getting a lot of the games I play on my Vita for free through PS+ that I was already paying for on my PS3 and my Vita gets a lot more use than my 3ds.
#40adrian677Posted 3/3/2013 12:12:21 AM
The 3D view is optional. The free games offered through PS+ are a nice bonus, but that content is nothing special. FF Tactics is one of my favorite games, but I've played it so many times. Gravity Rush and Uncharted are two of the few solid, unique titles (at least in GR's case), which means almost everyone has played them already. For new Vita owners, it's a great bargain. Otherwise, I think they are doubling up on stuff people have already paid for. Sony has had plenty of time to push out a killer app for the Vita, but it hasn't happened yet and doesn't appear to be around the corner. Soul Sacrifice looks promising, but I'm not holding my breath.
---
Final Fantasy XI - Alexander: Reaperz, 30 War/14 Mnk/8 Thf/12 Drk. Apprentice in Culinary Skill (38).