#11aryanbrarPosted 3/2/2013 11:47:24 PM
hell ya, its awesome. addictive as hell
#12L0L_FAQPosted 3/3/2013 12:22:13 AM
Pick it up for like 10-15 bucks, otherwise skip
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#13TinyTim123Posted 3/3/2013 1:06:55 AM
As someone who has never played a Smash Brothers game, and who doesn't have online friends on PSN (and who rarely wants to play online anyway), would this game be recommended?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#14Golden_MeanPosted 3/3/2013 1:19:30 AM
TinyTim123 posted...
As someone who has never played a Smash Brothers game, and who doesn't have online friends on PSN (and who rarely wants to play online anyway), would this game be recommended?

In short, no.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#15Raven-ZPosted 3/3/2013 3:29:46 AM
It's a lot of fun and surprisingly deep. It's a great 4-player game on either console.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#16L0L_FAQPosted 3/3/2013 5:01:43 AM

No. I was psyched as **** for this game to release, because despite the somewhat lulzworthy character roster, I really thought Sony could out together a solid fighter, but nope. Even though I had MAJOR problems with Brawl, like it's physics sucking ass hardcore, the game wasn't just a project, it was an effort on Nintendo's part. It's one of the most ambitious games ever made, IMO. The amount of content is ridiculously vast. Compared to that, PSABR seems like an old man with terminal cancer.

From a gameplay standpoint, it accomplished the most unbelievable of all feats; it manages to be slower, more hideously unbalanced and less kinaesthetically pleasing than even Brawl, which is saying something, because Brawl is already BULLCRAP in those departments

To answer your question; judging it as it's own game, it's worth maybe 15 bucks, IMO. Meanwhile, if I was recommending SSBM, I'd recommend it at a full $50 pricepoint even today. if there was no choice but to buy it for that much.

Keep in mind, I'm a huge SSB lover, so these are all from an SSBM or SSB64 perspective, but this is not a game worth more than 10 or 15 bucks, IMO. It's not a brilliant fighting game and it's only a "meh" party game. I can guarantee that, unless you are somehow predisposed t exactly the kind of game that PSABR is (i.e. it somehow just "clicks" with you), it probably won't be a game that'll justify any price higher than about fifteen bucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#17Skull_proPosted 3/3/2013 1:51:09 PM
If you are a trophy hunter, get this game. One of the easiest platinum there ever was.
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#18BossBangPosted 3/3/2013 2:01:09 PM
Blown away by the negative responses on PSABR. it is fun as hell in its own right. Why are you bringing up all the content of brawl (the third game in the series might i add) and then rail on this game? smh. Does ANYONE remember the first Super Smash?

TC, the gameplay is fun, there's a ton of online players, so you'll always have people to play with. Cross play with PS3 is great too.

Roster is still expanding. We just got Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from starhawk, and we're getting Isaac Clarke and Zeus from God of War later in March.

Got a Heavenly sword/wipeout level just added and a new cool one in march coming.

As far as what to expect: The concept is similar to Smash Bros but the core mechanics are different, which changes the strategy and gameplay in a good way, its original and fresh. It's got bits of traditional 2D fighter elements (combos, mixups, blocking, super attacks) and 4 player chaotic melee stage fighting.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#19William_18Posted 3/3/2013 2:03:33 PM
BossBang posted...
Blown away by the negative responses on PSABR. it is fun as hell in its own right. Why are you bringing up all the content of brawl (the third game in the series might i add) and then rail on this game? smh. Does ANYONE remember the first Super Smash?

TC, the gameplay is fun, there's a ton of online players, so you'll always have people to play with. Cross play with PS3 is great too.

Roster is still expanding. We just got Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from starhawk, and we're getting Isaac Clarke and Zeus from God of War later in March.

Got a Heavenly sword/wipeout level just added and a new cool one in march coming.

As far as what to expect: The concept is similar to Smash Bros but the core mechanics are different, which changes the strategy and gameplay in a good way, its original and fresh. It's got bits of traditional 2D fighter elements (combos, mixups, blocking, super attacks) and 4 player chaotic melee stage fighting.

Keep in mind that each DLC character is $4.99
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#20StrikeNinja24Posted 3/3/2013 2:07:13 PM
William_18 posted...
BossBang posted...

Keep in mind that each DLC character is $4.99

Also that he just compared an N64 game to a PS3 game.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin