Does anyone wait for sales on PSN?

#1redmarthPosted 3/3/2013 1:31:31 PM
Sure there are some exceptions for me such as Corpse Party. I know that game will be probably be on sale during Halloween but I really wanted to play the game and support the publisher. But this is really a one off thing.
Maybe I'm spoiled from the steam sales and the trend of newly released games but does anyone else only buy games when they are on sale you feel that some games are worth full price?
#2RyuuHou25Posted 3/3/2013 1:40:48 PM
If I like it, I buy it.

Simple.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Bikes-Posted 3/3/2013 1:49:40 PM
No, sales aren't predictable enough unlike steam where you never have to wait all that long especially around a holiday.
#4Spiffy247Posted 3/3/2013 1:50:54 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
If I like it, I buy it.

Simple.

I bought Unchained Blades about 3 weeks ago for $29.99, and now it's $20.99. I am sad.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#5kyncaniPosted 3/3/2013 1:56:44 PM
Depends, whether the price is right or not. For "Earth Defense Force 2017", it is not.
#6RyuuHou25Posted 3/3/2013 1:58:04 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
If I like it, I buy it.

Simple.

I bought Unchained Blades about 3 weeks ago for $29.99, and now it's $20.99. I am sad.

Why? Games go down in price as time passes, unless they're insanely rare or what not.

The only times you should be upset about price difference is if say, you buy a game from one store, and then later that day you see the same game for say 25% less than what you paid earlier that day.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7Spiffy247Posted 3/3/2013 1:59:08 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
If I like it, I buy it.

Simple.

Why? Games go down in price as time passes, unless they're insanely rare or what not.

The only times you should be upset about price difference is if say, you buy a game from one store, and then later that day you see the same game for say 25% less than what you paid earlier that day.

I bought my first 360 atCircuit City. 2 days later price drop of 50$. So they gave me 100$ in cash.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8CriticalFuryPosted 3/3/2013 11:35:31 PM
I usually do. its the best bang for your buck. I've actually gotten a lot of games i wanted on sale. I learned my lesson early on when buying a game then weeks later a sale would come up for the same game. Right now i'm actually waiting to see if Guilty Gear accent core plus will go on sale. i haven't budged to get it yet cause i already have the psp version.
---
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
#9white windPosted 3/4/2013 2:24:18 AM
I almost always wait for sale, and once or twice a year go for a day one purchase.

when I have the urge to buy a great game, I remind myself that I have a huge pile of untouched great games waiting to be finished since 2010, also the PS+ keeps giving me games to add to the pile.

I will ofcourse buy The last of Us day one, but will wait for the other great games to hit discount (e.g. Tomb Raider)
---
PSN: ghattas
#10ITPPosted 3/4/2013 3:49:58 AM
* Raises Hand*

PSN Sales and PS+ bargains are extremely common, I almost always wait for them before making a digital purchase.