Which console is likelier o survive? Wii U or Vita?

#11NnamzPosted 3/4/2013 12:13:28 AM
You could toss a coin at this point, but I think both will survive, but both are in bad situations.

Vita is struggling against a juggernaut in Japan and against changing times in North America. 3DS has a firm grip on the market in Japan, and in North America smartphones have eaten so much of the market for both portables it's ridiculous.

Wii-U did not have the "Oh look! Something new! Lets buy it" that the Wii has. Nobody cares about the screen controller, and it's not selling well in any region. The lackluster start combined with the apathy devs already had toward the Wii at the end of its life, AND the fact that it's extremely underpowered to the point where it can't receive AAA multiplats with Nextbox and PS4 means (like Wii wasn't able to with PS3 and 360) means that it is in big trouble. I smell another gamecube at best to be honest, and I have no reason to change my mind about that. I've never been less excited about a system ever. Really looking forward to PS4 and whatever Microsoft brings to the table though.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#12mt830plusPosted 3/4/2013 1:20:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13aryanbrarPosted 3/4/2013 1:31:25 AM(edited)
why get a dog when you can get a tiger :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KXYygFpKo
#14halfelven23Posted 3/4/2013 1:37:41 AM
i wonder how dog meat tastes like
#15super_taco_ftwPosted 3/4/2013 2:13:15 AM
I think all dog breeds are great, but some will not be as successful as others. The raw power of the Doberman is not for everyone, especially with the huge initial price and upkeep costs (food, etc), and the other powerful breed, the Husky, is very similar, and has almost identical costs. The Bloodhound, however, isn't really comparable to the big breeds. While it isn't as strong as the Doberman, it has a unique appearance and set of skills (like its superior sense of smell) that sets it apart from the Doberman and Husky. There are no other dog breeds like the Bloodhound.

The market for small dogs is very different to the big dogs. The two most popular breeds are in danger of being overwhelmed by cats, as cats are cheaper to care for and do more then dogs. However, the dogs have enough unique features to make them stand out. The most popular small dog at the moment is the Yorkshire Terrier. Strong enough to play for hours, but small enough to sit on your lap, it is also much cheaper then its 'big brother', the Pug. The Pug is not for everyone, those who have one love it, but those who don't cant see any reason to over the other small breeds, despite the increased power compared to the Yorkshire. The decision of which breeds are best for you is solely personal opinion. Unless you have allergies, in which case you will hate all of the above.
---
What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#16darkus_fPosted 3/4/2013 3:03:26 AM
Huskies. Dat wolf look.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PS3 PSN: darkus_f
#17AnclationPosted 3/4/2013 4:03:45 AM
Easily the Wii U, being far less dependent on third party support. There's no danger of the Nintendo franchises jumping ship and ending up on competing systems, the way Monster Hunter did.
#18WhiteSword7Posted 3/4/2013 4:27:42 AM
Nnamz posted...
You could toss a coin at this point, but I think both will survive, but both are in bad situations.

Vita is struggling against a juggernaut in Japan and against changing times in North America. 3DS has a firm grip on the market in Japan, and in North America smartphones have eaten so much of the market for both portables it's ridiculous.

Wii-U did not have the "Oh look! Something new! Lets buy it" that the Wii has. Nobody cares about the screen controller, and it's not selling well in any region. The lackluster start combined with the apathy devs already had toward the Wii at the end of its life, AND the fact that it's extremely underpowered to the point where it can't receive AAA multiplats with Nextbox and PS4 means (like Wii wasn't able to with PS3 and 360) means that it is in big trouble. I smell another gamecube at best to be honest, and I have no reason to change my mind about that. I've never been less excited about a system ever. Really looking forward to PS4 and whatever Microsoft brings to the table though.>

^This
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#19Zero_ManiacPosted 3/4/2013 4:37:53 AM
Vita. I just don't see how the Wii U is interesting at all. IMO of course.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#20The_DjokerPosted 3/4/2013 4:57:24 AM
Vita. I just don't see how the Wii U is interesting at all. IMO of course.

neither is Vita. They are both have bleak futures. IT's not abotu opinions. IT's about the market and how well these 2 struggling systems fit in. Neither do but Wii U has far more chances of being a success.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png