Vita only 4x up than last week in Japan.

#1leonboutasPosted 3/4/2013 6:09:09 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/03/sony-japan-president-ps-vita-sales-have-increased-four-fold

This should put it at 30-35k units.This is a record-low for a system with a price cut and the biggest prove the system is dead.Let's pack it up guys..........

(*gematsu has done a wrong translatio and counted 2 weeks while Sony Japan president is reffering only to one week.This was clarified in other forums like Gaf and Chartz)
#2McMarblesPosted 3/4/2013 6:13:29 AM
"Only."

Going up 300% is a good thing.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#3The_DjokerPosted 3/4/2013 6:17:44 AM(edited)
Yeah but what did you or people expect? People keep going on about Vita not selling well due to Price. That's a load of horse crap. IF 3DS and Vita were the same price, Vita's sales would be much higher than now but still below 3DS. 40k isn't bad tbh but that number will go to 10k in a few weeks. The price drop is a marketing gimmick to get some people to impulse buy. In a few weeks time people will still ignore the Vita....until the next price drop. IT doesn't matter how much the system is. If consumers have a large interest, they will buy the system. When a new system drops below 10k per week. A price drop will boost it for short term only. Get the games out and then it will increase.

And the price drop is Japan only. Well done Sony. Well done in failing.

Alo i've said this many times before. Sony make their bucks on the ridiculously overpriced MEM cards. IF Vita could use custom mem cards Vita sales would increase WAY more than a simple price drop.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#4xfactorPosted 3/4/2013 6:31:36 AM
You can't revive a dead system with just a price drop. You need games to carry the momentum. At best, a price drop will only gives a small boost for a couple of weeks before everything goes back to normal.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#5DC_PPosted 3/4/2013 6:31:59 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Alo i've said this many times before. Sony make their bucks on the ridiculously overpriced MEM cards. IF Vita could use custom mem cards Vita sales would increase WAY more than a simple price drop.

Sony is not going to sell more vita by lowering the price of memory cards. You gotta know how to think man. People should not care about the memory card until they have the vita. They could say to themselves, there is no need to have an expensive card since I can buy physical game on cardrige. The people who complain the most about the price of the memory cards are those who already who a vita and this will not solve Sony in selling more vitas.

Lets say the price of a vita is 250$ and a memory card is 100$ total = 350
Now if the price of memory card drops to 50$ and vita still costs 250$: total = 300$
As a potential buyer, id rather have the vita = 200$ and let the memory cost 100$ because I dont need to have a 32gb for my needs.

Get it? Sony will sell more vita by loweing the price of vita and not the memory card itself.
#6kyomagiPosted 3/4/2013 6:32:10 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Yeah but what did you or people expect? People keep going on about Vita not selling well due to Price. That's a load of horse crap. IF 3DS and Vita were the same price, Vita's sales would be much higher than now but still below 3DS. 40k isn't bad tbh but that number will go to 10k in a few weeks. The price drop is a marketing gimmick to get some people to impulse buy. In a few weeks time people will still ignore the Vita....until the next price drop. IT doesn't matter how much the system is. If consumers have a large interest, they will buy the system. When a new system drops below 10k per week. A price drop will boost it for short term only. Get the games out and then it will increase.

And the price drop is Japan only. Well done Sony. Well done in failing.

Thats quite good.

hopefully it will harold more JRPGs like the psp.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#7The_DjokerPosted 3/4/2013 6:38:51 AM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...

Sony is not going to sell more vita by lowering the price of memory cards. You gotta know how to think man. People should not care about the memory card until they have the vita. They could say to themselves, there is no need to have an expensive card since I can buy physical game on cardrige. The people who complain the most about the price of the memory cards are those who already who a vita and this will not solve Sony in selling more vitas.

Now if the price of memory card drops to 50$ and vita still costs 250$: total = 300$
As a potential buyer, id rather have the vita = 200$ and let the memory cost 100$ because I dont need to have a 32gb for my needs.

Get it? Sony will sell more vita by loweing the price of vita and not the memory card itself.

You can only drop the price of the system once or twice during a life span. Why don't they drop Vita to $99 by you logic. They can't. They CAN drop the price of mem cards to appropriate prices. Just imagine 32GB at $40Retail and 16GB cards $20 Retail. They would sell a lot more of the higher range cards and Vita sales will increase by default because people will save more money on the bundles.

IT's not about Price cut of system vs mem cards. IT's abotu the overall value of the product. Sony can only drop the price of system to a certain point. But if the mem cards are continuously too much they will be handicapped.

And any serious Vita owner isn't going to buy 4GB card. That's why the system is selling so poorly. IT's not just the price of the system. It's the value of the product offered. That involves everything.

Price drop isn't everything. Look at the Gamecube after 2003. IT was literally $99. Still sold like crap after a few months.

---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#8MeganTheMooCowPosted 3/4/2013 6:37:18 AM
DC_P posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Please don't try to talk sense into the 13 year old economics/business experts on Gamefaqs.
#9EoinPosted 3/4/2013 6:37:45 AM
The sales of the week of the price drop don't really matter. 30,000 units here or there makes virtually no difference. The key piece of information will be the difference between the Vita's usual sales before the drop (a little over 10,000 on average) and the Vita's usual sales after the drop (which we'll have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to see). If it's still the same, all the price drop did was cause an inevitable once-off boost, and may as well not have happened.
#10elluinkPosted 3/4/2013 6:39:41 AM
leonboutas posted...
http://gematsu.com/2013/03/sony-japan-president-ps-vita-sales-have-increased-four-fold

This should put it at 30-35k units.This is a record-low for a system with a price cut and the biggest prove the system is dead.Let's pack it up guys..........

(*gematsu has done a wrong translatio and counted 2 weeks while Sony Japan president is reffering only to one week.This was clarified in other forums like Gaf and Chartz)

Again he said last 2 weeks sales in total. NOT LAST WEEK

Last 2 week sales : 19,5k
19,5x4=78 k