Vita Sales Would Skyrocket, if...

#1Silver_ThunderPosted 3/4/2013 8:14:20 AM
They could manage to release FirePro Wrestling. Think about it.

If anyone remembers the Dreamcast days and FP Wrestling D., they would hesitate for a second if something like that would find its way onto the Vita. The Vita is powerful enough to run an exact port of the DC version. Plus, with the small screen they could even give the graphics a little HD boost.

Imagine how many user created wrestlers and would be in the pool if they could pull it off? I'd buy a Vita, that's for sure!
---
"Must be glorious to have such a happy knack for clarity and concision."
#2lunchEATSyouPosted 3/4/2013 8:24:37 AM
Silver_Thunder posted...
They could manage to release FirePro Wrestling. Think about it.

If anyone remembers the Dreamcast days and FP Wrestling D., they would hesitate for a second if something like that would find its way onto the Vita. The Vita is powerful enough to run an exact port of the DC version. Plus, with the small screen they could even give the graphics a little HD boost.

Imagine how many user created wrestlers and would be in the pool if they could pull it off? I'd buy a Vita, that's for sure!

That sounds pretty cool, but realisticly it would end up being a legal nightmare. Remember that super hero MMO that got hit by all of those copyright stuff from Marvel etc? The same would probably happen to this game, unfortunately.

I imagine the WWE would be sending cease + desist orders once a few Undertaker clones and what-not start being created.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#3EoinPosted 3/4/2013 8:27:10 AM
Your logic needs a bit of work. Why would Vita sales "skyrocket" if there was a release of a Dreamcast port? That might make some sense, if Dreamcast sales had skyrocketed when the game was originally released on Dreamcast, but of course that didn't happen.
#4RotuhiiriPosted 3/4/2013 8:27:40 AM
So the Vita sales would skyrocket because of a game that was on the console that killed Sega as a hardware manufacturer because the console didn't sell enough? Why didn't this game make the Dreamcast sales skyrocket if it's such a huge system seller?

I think what you really meant with this topic is "I want a FirePro Wrestling game on the Vita".
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#5MeganTheMooCowPosted 3/4/2013 8:28:30 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
So the Vita sales would skyrocket because of a game that was on the console that killed Sega as a hardware manufacturer because the console didn't sell enough? Why didn't this game make the Dreamcast sales skyrocket if it's such a huge system seller?

I think what you really meant with this topic is "I want a FirePro Wrestling game on the Vita".

Eoin posted...
Your logic needs a bit of work. Why would Vita sales "skyrocket" if there was a release of a Dreamcast port? That might make some sense, if Dreamcast sales had skyrocketed when the game was originally released on Dreamcast, but of course that didn't happen.

...I don't even know what to say. I kind of just want to kill myself with people like this living on the planet.
#6Silver_Thunder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 8:51:19 AM
With such poor Vita sales, it wouldn't take much to pump some much needed interest into this listing ship. My use of the term Skyrocket was used for visibility and attention... not for its definition.

Fire Pro Wrestling D was released in Japan, but it basically allowed the user to rename almost EVERYTHING to English except a few menu labels.

Users quickly transformed this game from a huge list of "likeness" wrestlers to an enormous roster full of wrestlers from every era. It was magnificent. Too bad I sold my Dreamcast. :(
---
"Must be glorious to have such a happy knack for clarity and concision."