Should I wait for a Vita memory card price drop?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Should I wait for a Vita memory card price drop?
3 years ago#1
Like an official Sony price drop?
They did it in Japan recently and I heard rumors about them officially making a price drop in the west sometime around E3.

I want a big card but I don't want to spend a lot on one if in a few months there will be a price drop.
i can wait, so should i?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
3 years ago#2
Currently Best Buy has the 8GB stick for $25 and the 32GB stick for $75. Amazon has also matched it.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
3 years ago#3
I just bought the 32gb card on Amazon since they currently have it for 25% off. Now, to download all those free games from PS+.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/2wh2dfp.jpg
3 years ago#4
If money is hard, sure why not wait
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
3 years ago#5
bump
---
3 years ago#6
Since they're officially $99 now, I doubt they're going to drop price( if that happens) much below what you can buy it off amazon for right now ($75).
---
Current systems owned: 8gb Wii U, PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
3 years ago#7
Amazon has the 16gb for 45 (third party with free shipping 38) and the 32 is 75. http://amzn.to/XKZpAF
3 years ago#8
Why is a 32GB micro SDHC class 10 only $20 but a 32 vita card is $100 and on sale for 75? Someone will come up with an adapter. The door may have to remain open though
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
3 years ago#9
L0Z posted...
Why is a 32GB micro SDHC class 10 only $20 but a 32 vita card is $100 and on sale for 75? Someone will come up with an adapter. The door may have to remain open though

Sony has a monopoly and it is illegal in a way because they have no competition show they jack up memory card prices
---
3 years ago#10
HellsingOrg posted...
L0Z posted...

Sony has a monopoly and it is illegal in a way because they have no competition show they jack up memory card prices

It isn't about a monopoly. They own the patent to their proprietary card and they refuse to license it so there is no competition. To be fair, I don't think anyone wants it either, not like the flash memory would be very useful since it seems to be bogged down by DRM and other security crap.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Should I wait for a Vita memory card price drop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived