Nintendo 3DS vs. Vita

#1kerafnoobPosted 3/5/2013 5:37:47 AM
Yesterday i started a topic on the 3Ds asking for game advice, because i have a Nintendo 3Ds almost since release and I am stuck with 3 Games in total.

The 3 Games I own for 3 Ds are Samurai Warriors, DoA and Mario 3D (did not really want this , got this with the console)

I was asking for 3 game types:

- Hack & Slay like DW ,Ninja Gaiden, DmC
- RPGs (3D ones)
- Fighting Games

I got little to no response , only mentioning Games which are generally accepted by ppl as good games but which personally do not appeal to me.

So i am asking here if I should get a Vita and if the Vita has Games that fit my taste.
#2Zero_ManiacPosted 3/5/2013 5:41:22 AM(edited)
Well, there are 2 Ninja Gaiden games out I believe, and for RPGs there is Ragnarok Odyssey, although I don't know how good that one is as I've never played it. Also, there is MGS HD Collection if you like stealth/action adventure games.

For fighting games, I'd suggest waiting till DoA is out for the Vita.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#3kerafnoob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 5:42:40 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Well, there are 2 Ninja Gaiden games out I believe, and for RPGs there is Ragnarok Odyssey, although I don't know how good that one is as I've never played it. Also, there is MGS HD Collection if you like stealth/action adventure games.

any other decent Fighters except DoA?
#4darkphiresagePosted 3/5/2013 5:46:41 AM
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

blaz blue, MvC3, PSABR, i think there's a guilty gear or sumthin?, street fighterxtekken, mortal kombat
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#5Zero_ManiacPosted 3/5/2013 5:46:48 AM
Well, I've heard PS All-Stars is decent.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#6SmoshCuchPosted 3/5/2013 5:46:55 AM
kerafnoob posted...

Well, the system will probably at least see a GoW eventually, and there's 2 from PSP on the PSN if you haven't played those yet. There's also Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation.

- RPGs (3D ones)

There's a few coming out. There was a ton on the PSP, and I wouldn't be surprised if this system got a lot also. Again, there's also the PSP's library if you haven't played those already.

- Fighting Games

There's already a bunch out, and will probably be more. Another category that the PSP was pretty strong in.

So i am asking here if I should get a Vita and if the Vita has Games that fit my taste.

I would say that it sounds like a decent fit for you. At least look at the library to see what appeals to you. You could also pick up a cheap PSP, if you want to wait for Vita to build a bigger library.
#7elluinkPosted 3/5/2013 5:48:36 AM
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

Vita excels at fighting games. I don't think any of the fighting games are bad.

Blazblue
UMvC 3
SFxTekken
Playstation all stars(if you consider it as fighting game)
Mortal Kombat

all are decent games.
As for rpgs there is persone 4 golden which is great.
dynasty warriors next is good didnt play ninja gaiden but they say those are decent as well.
#8kerafnoob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 5:54:53 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
kerafnoob posted...

Well, the system will probably at least see a GoW eventually, and there's 2 from PSP on the PSN if you haven't played those yet. There's also Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation.

- RPGs (3D ones)

There's a few coming out. There was a ton on the PSP, and I wouldn't be surprised if this system got a lot also. Again, there's also the PSP's library if you haven't played those already.

- Fighting Games

There's already a bunch out, and will probably be more. Another category that the PSP was pretty strong in.

I would say that it sounds like a decent fit for you. At least look at the library to see what appeals to you. You could also pick up a cheap PSP, if you want to wait for Vita to build a bigger library.

I already have a PSP, but thought the 3Ds looked promising with a DoA at launch and Samurai Warriors (one of my favorite game series).....

I heard that Persona 4 is on the Vita as well. Isn't the battle system in 3D ? P3P had 3D battles at least
#9kerafnoob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 5:56:32 AM
elluink posted...
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

Vita excels at fighting games. I don't think any of the fighting games are bad.

Blazblue
UMvC 3
SFxTekken
Playstation all stars(if you consider it as fighting game)
Mortal Kombat

all are decent games.
As for rpgs there is persone 4 golden which is great.
dynasty warriors next is good didnt play ninja gaiden but they say those are decent as well.

a nice library of fighting games , well except for Street Fighter :)
#10Shadowfxd2Posted 3/5/2013 5:58:30 AM
If you want games, get 3DS. If you want to wait for games, get VIta.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg