soulcaliber or tekken?

#1blueeee1234Posted 3/5/2013 1:44:41 PM
Are they good on the vita?

which is better?

How do they comapre to the vita fighting games?

I am thinking of getting Soul Caliber is it worth it?

Any word on vita versions?

Thank you.
#2TheExiled280Posted 3/5/2013 1:47:42 PM(edited)
Get PS Plus
Get Tekken 6 free in March
???
Profit

To answer your question, BlazBlue CSE is better :P
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#3XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/5/2013 2:05:59 PM(edited)
They are both just the PSP versions playable on the Vita. Just mentioning this because you made it sound like they were updated versions made for Vita or something..

IMO, the better game is Tekken 6. It has better single player modes than SC, like Ghost, Story, Arcade/Time Attack etc..

Soul Calibur plays great and is pretty much a portable SCIV with the new characters Kratos and Dampierre added, but the single player experience is lacking compared to Tekken 6 if you care about traditional fighting game modes.
It doesn't have a story mode, no time attack or even standard arcade mode.
It has a quick match mode that lets you choose an A.I. opponent and then after the match it just dumps you back to a the same screen to choose another A.I to fight.
The Gauntlet is somewhat interesting, but it just serves as a sort of tutorial/mission mode.

The only thing I liked about SC:BD over Tekken 6 besides the graphics was the character color/customization options, which are a bit better.
#4blueeee1234(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 2:00:21 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
The are just the PSP versions playable on the Vita.

IMO, the better game is Tekken 6. It has better single player modes that SC, like Ghost, Story, Arcade/Time Attack etc..

Soul Calibur plays great and is pretty much a portable SCIV with the new characters Kratos and Dampierre added, but the single player experience is lacking compared to Tekken 6 if you care about traditional fighting game modes.
It doesn't have a story mode, no time attack or even standard arcade mode. It has a quick match mode that lets you choose an A.I. opponent and then after the match it just dumps you back to a the same screen to choose another A.I to fight.
The Gauntlet is somewhat interesting, but its just serves as a sorta of tutorial/mission mode.
The only think I liked about SC:BD over Tekken 6 besides the graphics was the character color/customization options, which are a bit better.

do you know when the sale ends for the games?
Both seems good I'm torn!
#5gldooriiPosted 3/5/2013 2:05:54 PM
I've enjoyed both on the PSP for a long time, but yea..SoulCal doesn't really have much to offer as far as single player especially without an arcade mode whatsoever. It's still a fun game nonetheless. Tekken 6 is more of a complete game and I personally like it more than Dark Resurrection. I still think $19.99 is too expensive still. They should be at $9.99. At least Tekken 6 has more content to warrant the price though.

Either way. I'd go with Tekken over SoulCal because it feels like more of a complete game. But I think both are worth owning if you're a fan of them.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#6XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/5/2013 2:12:40 PM
blueeee1234 posted...
do you know when the sale ends for the games?
Both seems good I'm torn!

The sale lasts for 4 weeks.
#7blueeee1234(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 2:12:47 PM
gldoorii posted...
I've enjoyed both on the PSP for a long time, but yea..SoulCal doesn't really have much to offer as far as single player especially without an arcade mode whatsoever. It's still a fun game nonetheless. Tekken 6 is more of a complete game and I personally like it more than Dark Resurrection. I still think $19.99 is too expensive still. They should be at $9.99. At least Tekken 6 has more content to warrant the price though.

Either way. I'd go with Tekken over SoulCal because it feels like more of a complete game. But I think both are worth owning if you're a fan of them.

Thank you.

They both seem better than Dead or Alive 5.

DOA 5 is just sexual its disappointing.
#8XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/5/2013 2:21:03 PM
blueeee1234 posted...
gldoorii posted...

Thank you.

They both seem better than Dead or Alive 5.

DOA 5 is just sexual its disappointing.

But, but, but DOA5 has that 1st person "touch!" and "pinch!" mode!

Seriously though, if you can look past the surface, the DOA games can be very enjoyable even if the content isn't as robust as the Namco fighters.
#9RoachmeatPosted 3/5/2013 6:00:45 PM(edited)
Compared to 'Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny', Tekken 6 is more of a side-scrolling fighter on the portable. There isn't a good side step or 8-way run as in the console editions. You will find this really especially aggravating when you have to fight the boss Azrael in arcade.

At least for the price of Soul Calibur: BD, you get a good character editor with even more set pieces than the console version had at the start. Oh, and none of those 'Star Wars' guests.

'Broken Destiny' was meant to be a complement to the console SC4. Not a substitute. Something to play in short bursts before you battery meter goes completely out.

The Psp version of Tekken 6 was one of the poorest decisions I made on impulse. I wouldn't recommend it. On the other end, 'Broken Destiny' seemed to be the game Soul Calibur 4 was supposed to be. And you could whoop up on Kratos at your leisure.