Media Create Week 9.. Batten down the hatches mates, it's gonna get ugly!

#181Megaman OmegaPosted 3/8/2013 4:31:22 AM
Exia009 posted...
Wow, I'm pretty sure some Square-Enix or Capcom exec is reading these numbers and spitting out his coffee at the screen.

What? A system has a sales spike the week its price drops? Impossible! For the record, the 3DS went up 2500% from 4k to almost 200k when its price dropped. It's remarkable how the Vota still didn't outsell the 3DS, it's only going downwards now as with any sales surge.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#182dj___rollPosted 3/8/2013 10:38:07 AM
Quote:Exia009 posted...
Wow, I'm pretty sure some Square-Enix or Capcom exec is reading these numbers and spitting out his coffee at the screen.

What? A system has a sales spike the week its price drops? Impossible! For the record, the 3DS went up 2500% from 4k to almost 200k when its price dropped. It's remarkable how the Vota still didn't outsell the 3DS, it's only going downwards now as with any sales surge.

@Megaman Omega

The 3ds also announced its price drop earlier than Vita an sales dropped off from an average of 30k to 4k. But feel free to cherry pick numbers to make your argument. While the improvement on Vita isn't as large as the 3ds with overall numbers, the percent of extra sales are similar.

Both systems gained approximately 600% from their price drops. Anyone, including you, that thinks the Vita will ever outsell the 3ds all together is crazy. It also doesn't need to sell as well as the 3ds to be a success.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#183Enigma149Posted 3/8/2013 2:02:12 PM
dj___roll posted...

@Megaman Omega

The 3ds also announced its price drop earlier than Vita an sales dropped off from an average of 30k to 4k. But feel free to cherry pick numbers to make your argument. While the improvement on Vita isn't as large as the 3ds with overall numbers, the percent of extra sales are similar.

Both systems gained approximately 600% from their price drops. Anyone, including you, that thinks the Vita will ever outsell the 3ds all together is crazy. It also doesn't need to sell as well as the 3ds to be a success.

Actually, the 3DS increased from 16,415 two weeks before the price drop to 214,821 units the week of, and increase of 1300%. This can be compared to the Vita, which went from 8,044 two weeks before the price drop to 62,543 the week of, an increase of 780%.

In other words, you were both wrong. DJ, you were wrong saying that the percentage of sales increases were similar and both around 600%, while Megaman, you overestimated the 3DS's increase by a great deal (and by the way, ~4,000 to ~215,000 is 5375%, not 2500%).
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#184ylvisPosted 3/8/2013 2:21:22 PM
dj___roll posted...

@Megaman Omega

It doesn't. But right now it doesn't even sell as much as the Dreamcast did in the same timeframe.
#185LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/8/2013 2:40:51 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
kyomagi posted...
Goon, i though sales in Japan did not matter?

Japanese sales figures are irrelevant to me. I understand they're the center of your troll universe however. I simply commented that the Japanese are liking Senran. Learn to read.

I love how you completely ignore this part of your post.

Sailor Goon posted...
The japanese sure love Senran. Sales are looking good for the system.

I know someone already mentioned this, but I don't think you have me on ignore.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#186HungoverHero777Posted 3/8/2013 5:10:31 PM
@TC: It's Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#187Megaman OmegaPosted 3/9/2013 12:32:58 PM
Now there isn't a console on the market that the PSP hasn't outsold during a week.

The same can be said about any current system except the Vita.

Random thought of the day:
By failed Nintendrone logic, shouldn't the 360 board be full of fail topics?

So you're saying the 360 is flopping all around the globe? Oh wait, it's actually pretty successful in the west. Epic drony fail.

Watch as sales suddenly matter to ponies again.

What's even more hilarious is how everyone seems to ignore the fact that the spike was because of the price cut. So many people seem to think that it's perfectly normal that the Vita is selling this much and that sales aren't going to plummet back to the bottom two weeks later. Such as this one:

Nice! First good week for the Vita in how long? Higher than I expected too, I figured it would be around 45-50k. Crazy how oversized anime boobs can push a system, I don't remember the 3DS SK games having that much of an effect.

or this lolposter:

Those numbers are really good! It seems that the japanese were indeed waiting for a price cut after all, together with some good games. This will help more devs make games for Vita.

With so many games coming there during March, I think Vita is not going down on sales anytime soon, hopefully it will manage to stay there. Kudos to Sony, really good timing with their price cut.

WiiU sales are really painful to see, come on Nintendo, what where you thinking, where are the games? I still can't believe Ninty doesn't have any top games coming any time soon, they sold millions of Wiis and it seems they couldn't think ahead on suporting their next console, now they are in trouble,

---
I just wish pming people wouldn't cause tos violations. I'd really let a few cowards know their place :D. Hehehe - FKRW4Life having a supernova grade meltdown
#188ThePonyColliePosted 3/9/2013 12:50:20 PM
Hopefully, the upcoming sales aren't as good as this one. If they are, the drones could have a heart attack.
---
"Exclusives are a peasant concept to begin with, used to justify the purchase of inferior hardware." DarkZV2Beta
#189Megaman OmegaPosted 3/9/2013 12:51:19 PM
That'll do Vita, that'll do.

Also, obligatory "WiiU sucks" because of low sales comment. I hope all the Nintendo fanboys that come here to bash the Vita are choking on their crap right now.

3DS failed until a price drop got fans to buy it.

Vita finally got it's price dropped, and is proving that price was a huge entry barrier also.

Wii U is failing, and with even Nintendo not giving half a **** about making games for it, a price drop will have to happen to save it. Not to mention rushing out a half assed Mario game or two like they did with the 3DS.

lol! It's nice how chris is as much of a butthurt pony as he was years ago. ;)
You'd think people would get tired of being so angry and bitter every day for years. Got to love this drony's devotion.

The japanese sure love Senran. Sales are looking good for the system.

How exactly are sales looking good? Unless you consider not being able to beat the 3DS after a huge price cut spike... oh, it's just goon, who thinks that 6 + 4 = 11.

Nintendo fanboy's let's get ready for our next Mario game! I brought stash' combs! stash combs!!

What? 3rd parties don't want to develop for us? Well **** them, we don't even WANT those games!!
Right, my fellow Ninty fanboys!

3rd parties don't want to develop for the 3DS? I guess that's why the Vita got 2 RE games, MH, two DQ games, a new Megaten, a new Castlevania, and so on... oh wait, they're all on the 3DS!

As always, mike_411 is giving his best to look as ridiculous as possible. The next time you throw a fit of anger, get your facts straight, drony. ;<)

Are you trying to have an intellectual discussion with me here?

I love how even you are shocked by the fact that someone is trying to have an intellectual discussion with you, as this is obviously absurd seeing as you can hardly even form a coherent thought without going over into ponydrone mode.
---
The Vita sold 1.200.000 units in week 1. - Sailor Goon
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#190Megaman OmegaPosted 3/9/2013 1:01:38 PM
@Serenade: No, you still sounds really serious. D:

Good riddance to sour grapes I say. >.>

ROFL! At least man it up and admit that what you said is a huge load of crap instead of making yourself look even more ridiculous with this kindergarten routine. "I'm not going to continue this discussion because you sound too serious!" lmao, really? How else are we supposed to talk? "What you said sounds like a biggidy-boo heap-o of doodoo, mike!" Is that what you want?

Oh well, glad to see you're learning something in preschool. ;)
Now be a good boy and leave the serious talk to people that aren't sitting in their diapers.

Haha the same butthurt crowd is still around, I see. Have you guys been doing this for the past months? Figures... Is there seriously nothing you can do with your life?

I thought people would stop being so terribly bitter after months, but then you come along to remind everyone of how butthurt you are. I guess some things never change. See you in a few months for another serving of bitter Matelite tears. ;)

Japanese sales figures are irrelevant to me.

Which explains your desire to ridicule yourself in a topic about Japanese sales figures over and over again. Oh wait, that's nonsensical and you're just lying out of your ass, as always. Stay classy, goon.
---
I just wish pming people wouldn't cause tos violations. I'd really let a few cowards know their place :D. Hehehe - FKRW4Life having a supernova grade meltdown