Can Sony improve ps1 emulator more?

#1Sami1000Posted 3/6/2013 6:57:43 AM
Just drooling if we could play ps1 games with higher resolution or certain games without zero emulation issues. Maybe we could get widescreen support so games could be played in fullscreen without looking horrible.
#2daegenPosted 3/6/2013 6:58:43 AM
How about they just start by giving us access to all the PS1 classics on our Vita, no matter what region?
---
I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women. - Dread Pirate Wesley
PSN: Malvoz
#3gray_fox_00Posted 3/6/2013 7:01:33 AM
Stretching a square image to fit a rectangular screen without distorting the image...?

I'm just going to stop there.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4Zero_ManiacPosted 3/6/2013 7:04:27 AM
I'm not sure about this, but I think that the PS1 emulator is run inside the PSP emulator. So essentially, it's emulator-ception. If Sony made a PS1 emulator specifically for the Vita, then I'm sure they could put a whole bunch of stuff in it like Anti-Aliasing, run games at 60fps, reduced load times, etc.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#5Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 7:15:55 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
I'm not sure about this, but I think that the PS1 emulator is run inside the PSP emulator. So essentially, it's emulator-ception. If Sony made a PS1 emulator specifically for the Vita, then I'm sure they could put a whole bunch of stuff in it like Anti-Aliasing, run games at 60fps, reduced load times, etc.

But then ps1 games would have to be tested on vita one by one and all the legal stuff etc. it would cost a lot. Maybe they could "OC" the psp they are emulating, lol.
#6Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 7:17:45 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Stretching a square image to fit a rectangular screen without distorting the image...?

So explain me why Medievil resurrection doesn't look distorted or Breath of fire 3 or Tactics ogre etc. ? It obviously can be done.
#7GhetsisPosted 3/6/2013 7:38:36 AM
Sami1000 posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...

So explain me why Medievil resurrection doesn't look distorted or Breath of fire 3 or Tactics ogre etc. ? It obviously can be done.

Those games were made for a different system, that's why.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8Zero_ManiacPosted 3/6/2013 7:50:08 AM
Sami1000 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

But then ps1 games would have to be tested on vita one by one and all the legal stuff etc. it would cost a lot. Maybe they could "OC" the psp they are emulating, lol.

I know. As ideal as it would be to have a PS1 emulator specifically for Vita, they probably won't ever do it.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#9Rolen47Posted 3/6/2013 8:05:01 AM
Sami1000 posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...

Because those games were ported, not emulated.
#10MetalZoicPosted 3/6/2013 8:13:36 AM
Sami1000 posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...

Like the others said, it's because they aren't PSOne games, they're remakes.

You can get your games nearly full-screen without distortion though. Just use the Custom adjustment, lock the screen ratio, and widen it to where the top and bottom of the game just barely go off-screen. The side barring should be pretty minimal if you do it that way and it will look much better than the other pre-set screen sizes.

If you're concerned about screen burn then just shift the "screen" from the far left to the far right every 30mins/hour or so and you'll be fine.