Can Sony improve ps1 emulator more?

#21zandm7Posted 3/6/2013 7:59:37 PM
Kenshinsbrother posted...
Sadly my Tablet can emulate ps1 better than my Vita can : /

Your tablet also does not have physical controls, nor does it have any titles legally available (unless it's PS certified in which case it still has much less available than the Vita), therefore you are probably emulating illegally and that is completely different from playing by the rules like we do on the Vita.

Please, stop with the tablet/phone-Vita comparisons. It doesn't work, alright? Your phone doesn't have controls, end of story.
---
Playing - Too much. But mostly Vita, PS3, and PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#22ORANGE666Posted 3/6/2013 8:13:52 PM
zandm7 posted...
I don't think the PS1 emulator is sandboxed within the PSP emulator...just from my impressions, if anyone can find a source saying otherwise obviously I'm wrong. But the PS1 emulator behaves differently than the PSP emulator in many ways that might suggest it's not running within the PSP emulator. The most obvious thing is that when you hold down on the touchscreen to bring up the emulator options, the game pauses/freezes on the PS1 emulator but does not on the PSP emulator. Plus there are the options to change screen size which are quite extensive and touchscreen implemented. I dunno; all these things seem to lend themselves to an impression that the PS1 emulator is not sandboxed within the PSP emulator.

Like I said, if someone can find a source saying otherwise I'm obviously wrong.

The hacking scene says otherwise, but I can't link articles because of the moderators. The PS1 emulation does in fact, run in the PSP enviroment. The fact that you can play PS1 games in the PSP enviroment with an exploit is enough proof.
#23ORANGE666Posted 3/6/2013 8:13:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24j2zon2591Posted 3/6/2013 8:20:17 PM
zandm7 posted...

Your tablet also does not have physical controls, nor does it have any titles legally available (unless it's PS certified in which case it still has much less available than the Vita), therefore you are probably emulating illegally and that is completely different from playing by the rules like we do on the Vita.

Please, stop with the tablet/phone-Vita comparisons. It doesn't work, alright? Your phone doesn't have controls, end of story.

Can the tablet/game be modded for physical controls? I thought that was possible.

Aren't there plenty of PSOne games that don't really "need" physical buttons in order to be enjoyable? Like some turn based strategy or some game that doesn't require uber fast reflex?

Also, can't he say he has a PS1, obtained his BIOS and ripped his own PS1 discs? xD
#25zandm7Posted 3/6/2013 9:00:20 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
zandm7 posted...

Can the tablet/game be modded for physical controls? I thought that was possible.

Aren't there plenty of PSOne games that don't really "need" physical buttons in order to be enjoyable? Like some turn based strategy or some game that doesn't require uber fast reflex?

Also, can't he say he has a PS1, obtained his BIOS and ripped his own PS1 discs? xD

1) Yes you can get physical controls but in most cases you'll just need a separate controller, which is firstly a pain to setup and secondly counterproductive the concept of "portable."

2) I mean yeah some games don't need physical controls. But even ones that don't need them are more enjoyable with than without.

3) True but I'm just sick of the comparisons :P
---
#26zandm7Posted 3/6/2013 9:03:14 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
zandm7 posted...
I don't think the PS1 emulator is sandboxed within the PSP emulator...just from my impressions, if anyone can find a source saying otherwise obviously I'm wrong. But the PS1 emulator behaves differently than the PSP emulator in many ways that might suggest it's not running within the PSP emulator. The most obvious thing is that when you hold down on the touchscreen to bring up the emulator options, the game pauses/freezes on the PS1 emulator but does not on the PSP emulator. Plus there are the options to change screen size which are quite extensive and touchscreen implemented. I dunno; all these things seem to lend themselves to an impression that the PS1 emulator is not sandboxed within the PSP emulator.

The hacking scene says otherwise, but I can't link articles because of the moderators. The PS1 emulation does in fact, run in the PSP enviroment. The fact that you can play PS1 games in the PSP enviroment with an exploit is enough proof.

I don't think that can be counted as proof that the PS1 emulator used to play PS1 games the "normal way" on the Vita is running within a PSP environment...just because you can play PS1 games within the PSP environment with PSP cfw? I mean, the PSP environment comes with a PS1 emulator to begin with; that's part of the PSP "OS." There could still be a separate Vita PS1 emulator hanging around for use with PS Store downloaded PS1 games...right? Unless there's legit proof against it.
---
#27trent44Posted 3/6/2013 10:13:50 PM
zandm7 posted...

This image appears each time you boot a psone classic on a Vita

http://i.imgur.com/VUX0k.jpg

That is kind of straight forward that it is running in PSP mode...
#28zandm7Posted 3/6/2013 10:21:34 PM
trent44 posted...
zandm7 posted...

This image appears each time you boot a psone classic on a Vita

http://i.imgur.com/VUX0k.jpg

That is kind of straight forward that it is running in PSP mode...

It's not definitive proof though. That could just be a placeholder screen, or it could be that the Vita emulator is running in "PSP compatibility mode' or something of the sort where it's telling the game it's a PSP but really it's a Vita emulator. I just want to see some proof...sorry I know I'm being a nitpicking b**** with this but I'm really curious.
---