finally .. vita sales is no longer an embarassment ...

#21McMarblesPosted 3/6/2013 3:12:19 PM
nariusseldon posted...
and it almost caught up to the 3DS in japan.

I think this pretty much shows that a price drop is necessary. Only if Sony will do it in the US and the rest of the world, then Vita may still have a chance.

Look at WiiU .. i guess that is the new flop in Japan.

So, does Japan matter now?

That's not "catching up". That's "matching (almost) 3DS sales for a week (so far)"

Catching up would involve making up the nine-million unit deficit, and they'd have to significantly outsell the 3DS for about a year to do that. We're talking, like, even if Nintendo shuts down production entirely and Vita starts selling 200 thousand a week, consistently (3DS doesn't even do this) it'd take over ten months.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#22dj___rollPosted 3/6/2013 3:53:52 PM
McMarbles posted...
nariusseldon posted...
and it almost caught up to the 3DS in japan.

I think this pretty much shows that a price drop is necessary. Only if Sony will do it in the US and the rest of the world, then Vita may still have a chance.

Look at WiiU .. i guess that is the new flop in Japan.

So, does Japan matter now?

That's not "catching up". That's "matching (almost) 3DS sales for a week (so far)"

Catching up would involve making up the nine-million unit deficit, and they'd have to significantly outsell the 3DS for about a year to do that. We're talking, like, even if Nintendo shuts down production entirely and Vita starts selling 200 thousand a week, consistently (3DS doesn't even do this) it'd take over ten months.

I don't know anyone who actually expects to outsell the 3DS. So long as they approach their PSP numbers, Sony will be happy. It's a shame they didn't put as much effort into the Vita as they're doing with teh PS4. But, at least they're slowly learning.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#23ServantOfErieosPosted 3/6/2013 4:12:16 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nariusseldon said something nice about the Vita?

*falls over in disbelief*

More like, *falls off a cliff in disbelief*...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Boom!
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#24ServantOfErieosPosted 3/6/2013 4:14:31 PM
*Finds gold waaaay below cliff.*
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#25ralphlouis17Posted 3/6/2013 4:20:24 PM
Mister Money posted...
ralphlouis17 posted...
Vita fanboys keep mentioning how the sales of the vita in japan are skyrocketing due to the price cut and how it's sales is not an embarrassment now...fanboys talk about japan sales...how about NA and EU sales?

NA and EU sales don't matter to a JPN import gamer. >______________>

what i meant is they keep ranting about jp sales like it's gonna affect the whole vita sales worldwide \:
---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service.-demondog666