new DOA5+ screens and demo info

#31XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/7/2013 5:27:04 PM
co1onel posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...
co1onel posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...
TLR_ posted...
Looks like it'll actually be native res!

Don't be fooled by those screens, they are bullshots. Tecmo has been known to do this with just about every game they've released over the past 15 years.

If you watch the gameplay trailer, you'll see that most of these screens dont quite match-up with gameplay footage in the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_r-4s2ON8

I actually don't mind that much if the Vita version is missing things like self shadowing or has a sub-native resolution, as long as it plays at a consistent 60fps. But when they release screenshots like this, it gets peoples hopes up and then leads to disappointment when the actual product doesn't come through.

If they were bullshots they would be at a much higher resolution than 544p. The gameplay trailer looks like Vita's native res too.

Umm, you do know that you can take any high def image and downsample it to 960x544....right?

Umm, you do know that most developers don't down-size a nice bullshot just so that people will think its actually a real screenshot on Vita.

The pics posted at the beginning of this topic already look worse than several Vita games out there. There's no reason the Vita wouldn't be able to produce them.

I've been big fan of Team Ninjas games for over a decade and I've seen them release doctored screenshots with every game they've released since DOA2 on Dreamcast.

Even if you think that the screenshots look worse than certain existing Vita games, it doesnt disprove the point I'm making.
All I'm saying is that the screens arent representative to what was shown in the actual gameplay trailer.
#32DevilStriderPosted 3/7/2013 8:42:16 PM
The first pic is a PS3 screenshot.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#33KerneIPosted 3/7/2013 8:43:41 PM
DevilStrider posted...
The first pic is a PS3 screenshot.

DoA5 on PS3 looks way better than that.
---
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2evgnds.jpg
#34DevilStriderPosted 3/7/2013 8:44:49 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
If they were bullshots they would be at a much higher resolution than 544p.

The NGS2+ pre-release screenshots were 544p and showed the game running at native res, but it doesn't.

bingo
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#35ManjiMidouPosted 3/7/2013 9:09:39 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
Are you still getting this Manji or did you buy that sports game? >_>

l bought a POTATO

all it does is sit there staring back at me....

:(

Serious answer would be nice

Wouldn't it....
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.