Which Sony System had the absolute best RPGs?

#21lunchEATSyouPosted 3/7/2013 7:02:10 PM
nesky posted...
OtakuD50 posted...
PS2.

Wild Arms 3, Shadow Hearts series, Dragon Quest VIII, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, both .hack series... PS2 was freaking beast for RPGs.

You don't want me to start listing PS1 RPGs damnit :)

Do it
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#22MoegittoPosted 3/7/2013 7:11:30 PM
PSOne, PS2 had some decent RPG's but PSOne was almost ALL RPG's. Not even gonna mention FFVII, Brave Fencer Mushashi, Arc the Lad, Persona, Breath of Fire III, Castlevania: SOTN, Chrono Cross, FF Tactics, Kings Field (the grand father of the Dark Demon/Souls series), Legend of Dragoon, Lunar Silver Star Story and Lunar II, Suikoden II, Vagrant Story...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#23XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/7/2013 7:17:00 PM
PS1 RPG's off the top of my head:

Wild Arms 1,2
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Suikoden I, II
Legend of Dragoon
Jade Cocoon
Persona 1, 2 EP and IS
Valkyrie Profile
Parasite Eve
Vagrant Story
Star Ocean 2nd Story
Breath of Fire IV
Grandia
Lunar: SSSC, 2 Eternal blue
Legend of Mana
#24RotuhiiriPosted 3/7/2013 7:44:31 PM
PS2 definitely. I'd say all Playstation consoles have been great for RPGs even if the PS3 is catching on just now and started off slow. I expect the Vita will do great too, just like the PSP did.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#25mikehook1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:48:11 PM
Maybe people would have voted ps3 if KH3 ever came out.
#26ChemicalBurritoPosted 3/7/2013 8:03:51 PM
For original JRPGs localized for NA/EU, it's a tossup between PS1 and PS2. I picked 2 because I've logged far more hours with PS2 RPGs than with PS1, but I can see how it would go either way.

Follow those with the PSP, the PS3, then the Vita in last place. Admittedly, this isn't fair to the Vita, but it's too new to have a library of its own RPGs even worth mentioning.

If you put in backwards compatibility, the original PS3 (with PS2 backwards compatibility) is the obvious winner, but that's silly. :)
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Ni no Kuni (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#27XCrossYZPosted 3/7/2013 8:17:44 PM
Really close, but games like dragon quest 8, Loads of MegaTen games, FF12 just won it for me. Heck MegaTen alone
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#28Rurouni720Posted 3/7/2013 8:33:05 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Quality > Quantity

Therefore, PS1>PS2 in RPGs

PS2 had both just so you know.

Therefore, PS2 by a significant distance towards heaven.
#29mikehook1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:08:58 PM
Reading these posts is really making me want to play some games.
#30AkagehisaPosted 3/7/2013 9:28:52 PM
PS2,, without a doubt,,, for every good title the PSX had,, the PS2 had 4 of that one.

There was just so many JRPGs on the PS2, it was ridiculous,,, with just Atlus, you had 15 great JRPGs at least. And thats just one developer.

Its all about the maths.