Guaranteed way for Sony to sell 100 million Vitas in 1 month:

#21Megaman OmegaPosted 3/11/2013 6:12:01 AM
It would hardly sell 5m, let alone 10m, let alone 100m... let alone enough to make the system sell 100m (granted, there aren't even 2m Vitas in Japan so most of these 100m people would have to buy a new one). Thinking that this is a "guaranteed way of selling 100m Vitas" is absurd and childish.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#22SailorSatournePosted 3/11/2013 6:23:57 AM
Contrary to popular opinion, a Final Fantasy VII remake would not push sales of anything high enough to make the project worhtwhile.

Final Fantasy VII is a revered game. One of the untouchable golden calves of the gaming subculture. But a remake, of any variety, is not going have even a fraction of the impact the original did.

Face it, you cannot make lightning strike twice, no matter how much of a juggernaut the original was. Everything that made FFVII amazing in 1997 is old hat these days. The brand power of FFVII might be enough to make it a million seller, software-wise, but it's not going to push consoles off the shelves.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#23Megaman OmegaPosted 3/11/2013 6:29:25 AM
SailorSatourne posted...
Face it, you cannot make lightning strike twice, no matter how much of a juggernaut the original was.

Actally, SE makes Lightning strike thrice.

Pun aside, i completely agree with your post.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#24ylvisPosted 3/11/2013 6:31:19 AM
100 Million? Lol. The game would've moved MAYBE 1 Million Vitas.
#25Lelouch71Posted 3/11/2013 2:17:34 PM
Give the Vita away for free
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#26Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/11/2013 2:39:00 PM
Y S posted...
Final Fantasy complete series combined have not sold 100 million copies, so no it won't.

http://www.psu.com/a0007021/Final-Fantasy-series-has-sold-85-million-copies-globally?page=0

Not 100 million, but pretty close in 2009..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#27EvocoPosted 3/12/2013 4:07:12 PM(edited)
DarkLaguna posted...
Evoco posted...
GamerOfThrone posted...
Or just make a FF Type 0 Vita Edition localized in the west

Wow, I forgot about that FF Type 0 game...was very interested in it awhile back...whatever happened to it?

Last thing I remembered was me hoping it would come to Vita at least so I would buy a Vita for it...

They officially promised us a localization a couple months after the JP release. Then after several months of no news on the issue, they cancelled a western release, citing some lame cop-out about how it wouldn't be profitable.

Some have speculated that it could possibly be released on the Vita, because so far it has avoided the piracy issues of the PSP, but there hasn't been any info at all about it (and if it was in the works, we'd probably have heard something about it by now, at least to appease the fans that were lied to).

As for a FF7 remake... Square-Enix has claimed they don't have the source code for it any more, but that wouldn't stop them from doing a complete remake and making it from scratch. Given that a lot of fans have lost faith in the company, and the company's track record in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if that was just another cop-out so they can save the remake as their Trump Card, as already mentioned.

Ughhh that sucks...lol...I still am interested in that game...this feels kinda like when Front Mission 5 never made it over here...
#28Nightmare637Posted 3/12/2013 4:09:32 PM
I seriously doubt that.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.